Quick Post

No eventing?

No eventing?
  • Are there no eventers out there?
  • My daughter events!

She is lovemywarmblood on this forum. I have asked for a separate eventing sub section but no luck so far, it's been a while. The board went down and there were mega probs so a lot of us stopped posting.

My daughter is currently away at college so probably won't be doing much eventing for the next few years.

She has been eventing for about 6 years and have been showing at the Beg/Novice level. Has done the VA Horse Trials in Lexington, VA, last fall. They completed the course, it was their first full blown event. They did Southern Pines Horse Trials in March at the Carolina Horse Park. The weather was atrocious. Her horse, Rum, spooked at a jump going into  the woods and she came off. Luckily it was a non technical fall. The photo in my avatar is her warming up at that show.

She had some knee problems that got worse and had knee surgery in July, so she hasn't been able to ride much this summer. She still hopes to do a few shows with him when her schedule allows.

Oh her horse is Rum, a 7 y/o Dutch WB/TB, 16.2 hh, dark bay. Show name is Ghirardelli Boy. She got him in Jan/Feb of 2007, they have come a long way in 2 years.

Tell me about you!
  • I event! I've been riding for 8, almost 9 years now and have shown up to Novice and schooled Training. I'm currently "retraining" my TB mare, who used to go BN/N and stadium jump 3'6", to get back into a regular program again.

Eventing is the ULTIMATE equestrian sport :]