Quick Post

Let's get some driving posts going

Let's get some driving posts going
  • Where have all the drivers gone.  Have not seen any posts lately.  I have been driving some but nothing out of the ordinary.  Did some garden disking and up and down the road some.  We have an amish quilt auction coming up about 7 miles away and I generally drive them to that.  I am going to try and post a picture on this new setup.

• I know a guy who is selling his harness racers and said he would sell me a harness and cart/sulky for my horse.  I'm not so sure about the sulky - I want to be able to take someone for a ride with me.  BUT the harness might be okay, depending on the price.  What do you think?
  • Harness will probably only work with the sulky.  I used to have a jogging sulky and harness.  They are fun to ride in and you can really go!  The harness most likely will not have tugs.  The one I had attached to the shafts and would be too light to use on a buggy or heavier cart.  If you can get a good deal on it, buy it you will have fun with it.
  • Thanks Rod!  I've been told by Zag's original trainer that he's SUPER fun to drive and that I absolutely HAVE to!  So I've been wanting to since then.  I'll have to get in touch and see what he wants for it
  • I find the word "sulky" is really overused when we referring to carts.

If it doesn't look like this, it' snot a sulky.

These are ONLY usible with a racing harness. The shafts click onto the saddle. The "collar" is only to hold it from slipping backwards.  In that case, the harness would be usless.

Most people would call this a sulky too, but it isn't. The harness is a normal driving harness and the cart is often mislabeled at a sulky.

• Hmm...Since she was talking about getting it from a racing farm - I was assuming it was the first sulky pictures.  I've never heard the 2nd one photoed called a sulky.
  • I'm with you Jungle Cat. 

They have racing sulky's and what they call jogging or training carts.  The jogging carts are little heavier built and a little more comfortable.  Hopefully that is what you will get. 

Down here they call carts, carts and a sulky a sulky.