Quick Post

Harness racing Irish style

Harness racing Irish style
  • For anyone who has never heard of the illegal harness racing that takes place in the UK, here some a pukka examples! It's fast, furious and a little bit risky! 
    Sunny Nose VS Daddy's Boy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdm2IWlDKU&feature=related

Big Daddy VS Tommy's Girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFAqTDLWk8&feature=related

Big Daddy is the best pacing horse in the UK and Ireland! 

• DANG ya'll are crazy! 
    First one: one's a pacer, one's a trotter?  What kind of fair race is that?&nbsp';P'acer's rule!!  I notice they aren't wearing  hopples.  Impressive!!  The cars probably aren't thrilled with the delay.

• Yeah with the English/Irish pacers and trotters there isn't much difference in speed, if any at all, so its fair really. No, they are all free-legged pacing and trotting, and most of those cars were race spectators as they're held ridiculously early in the morning to stop them getting busted by the rozzers =]  
  • Enjoyed watching them.  Suprisingly they all seem to be paints of one sort or another.  What breed are they and what are rozzers?
  • I like seeing pacers, but that is incredibly and unbelievably stupid. Like "here's your sign" stupid. I can't believe traffic is tail gating those carts so bad. What if one of the horses were to slip? [':(']

I'm all for risque business but down right stupidity is nothing but down right stupidity. [>:]
  • what are rozzers

I'm guessing the police. 

It might be stupid if the cars weren't all there to see the race.  At that camera angle I can't really tell how close the cars are. 

(pacers still rule)
  • No, all those cars were race spectators, so its safer than you realise. From the camera angle you can't tell how close they are, but in reality they are further back than you think; trust me, I've been to the races. The rozzers are the police, I don't think that's a term used in America? 
  • So why do they not race at the track? 
    Are they at all worried about the horses joints trotting for miles on hard asphalt?
    I guess I just don't get it.
  • I love harness racing. I used to live where we could go and watch (back in the 'olden days') but there's nothing close here. However, I could only watch one the the vids. Loving it so much gives me chills to watch it but after a bit all I could think of was ringbone, splints, spavin... I'll bet they can really hit some speeds without having to draw those sulky wheels through the dirt but still...
  • bpony: they don't race on the track because we have no tracks in this country, and the few that we do have it costs a fortune to race on and you have to have a papered, registered standardbreds. As you can see the horses racing are clearly not pure, registered, Standardbreds. In short, they race on the roads for lack of a better place to race, hence the fact it is illegal. I know quite a lot of trotters and you'd be surprised at how resilliant they are, and with the correct care before and after a race it can minimise damage a lot. 
  • Harness racing is really to good, 
    But are they really worried about their horse and don't race wht ??
    ==================
    Earl Nunes
  • Hi friend I also like Harness racing.
    ---------
    Camron Sareja