Quick Post

Doing some driving lately

Doing some driving lately
  • Been getting the horses out a little more lately.  On Friday I double disked an acre or so of garden.  Saturday we did a 15 mile round trip to an Amish breakfast and auction.  On Sunday we did a 10 mile round trip to a friends place for a cookout.  Good to be able to "put some sweat under the collars" as it make for a good horse.

Here is the rig we went in.  It belongs to a friend of mine.  He is leaving it here a week or two as we are having a Haflinger Club drive here at the farm the first part of June and it will save him hauling it back.

• Rod you're my absolute driving hero!  Again, I bet your Amish neighbors really like you.  I bet they think you should convert!  [':D']
  • They like me but I don't think my converting ever crossed their mind!!!  Nor mine (they aren't big on a glass of "Jack" in the evenings and they don't have ice cubes)!!!!!!!
  • Since this original post I've put over 100 miles on them. 
  • You are sure doing more driving than I am this year.

I have drove the wagon  about 3 times a week for the past few weeks.

My little cart horse come up lame so he got a rest. I think he is fine now. I'll have to nail some shoes back on him and get him going again.

They wont make a team one is way big the other is way small. [X(]
  • *sigh... one day I'll be driving.  I like the sound of those shoes PaintedLady was talking about.... the no-slip rubber shoes or something like that?
  • I'll have to check into those shoes.  I wonder where she gets them and how much they cost??
  • I got in a little more driving today, Only about 3 miles.

Woody is doing real well and progressing fast. It's been so hot I am just  keeping him tuned without risking myself or him to the heat.

• Watch that heat.  I had mind out disking in the garden this morning but I went before it got too hot.  I leave it wide enough between the vine crop rows that I can run the disk between them untill they start to widen out too much.  More fun than running the rotiller.