Quick Post

Tenessee Walker Horse

Tenessee Walker Horse
  • posting for a friend
    looking for a TWH, perferably Blue Roan, trained to ride or close to it.
  • I'll look around on the interwebs, but a few questions, first-....
    Age?
    gender?
    height?
    height: her mare was 16hh so something around that height
  • I wanted to wait until I could talk to my horse farm neighbors.  I'll send you the link to their "for sale" page.  They have a blue roan sabino who really is meant to be a show horse.  Not a trail horse.  He's intact but this boy is one of my all time favorites.  He's with his out of state trainer right now.  Pics never do a horse justice, imo.  Also, the gray mare on there is lovely.  These horses are TWH/SSH.  Some are cross registered, some are registered one way not the other but could be.....  Their big stud comes up as one of the all time greats - won the SSHBEA  choice of 2008.  AND they are terrific people.  I just ran them some peach raspberry pie and saw the orphan filly they adopted/saved.  They only had one spring foal, Mercedes, out of Porsche.... the orphan has been dubbed Beemer.  [':D']
    Oops.... the link: http://www.silhouettefarms.com/forsale.htm
  • Thank you I will forward it to her with your information.

• Walkers are versatile. If they can show, they can be trail ridden. Those look like fine horses.
  • [quote=AllieBaba]

Walkers are versatile. If they can show, they can be trail ridden. Those look like fine horses.

Thanks Allie!  I love my neighbors.  BUT they've got him on pads.  He can't go trail riding in high heels.  I'm not really for that and they normally don't do that but if that's what someone wants, they will.  Tobianos have become big in the SSH shows around here.  I don't know much about it really but I know the classic brown/black and whites aren't doing as well against those roan looking horses.

Ya'll come see the horses and you can stay at my house! I'll pick you up from the airport right after work!

• The stacks can come off and be replaced with regular shoes..they don't have to have them on. They're just to exaggerate movement for the show ring.

Though I have been on trail rides with walkers wearing stacks. Not arduous rides, though, or rough terrain.

• So, they can go back and forth?  I know a walking horse barn around here and the property is beautiful but there are never horses out in the pasture.  NEVER. [>:]
  • I love your neighbors horses, hunterseat,  of course my mare is out of there bloodlines.

Right now yes the Sabinos seem to be the hot ticket at the shows not the Tobianos.  

Here is my sabino & tobiano & solid black TWH's

• Where are you located?  We purchased our 1/2 TWH at a place in Columbus Junction, Iowa.  Their website is www.bitofheavenranch.com

They used to have a Sabino stallion and our gelding is a medicine hat.