Quick Post

Arab ppl

Arab ppl
  • Ok, so I got a 16 y.o. Arab mare this winter. I have never had Arabs and know nothing about bloodlines. Is there anyone here who can tell me anything about her bloodlines?

I don't have a link to them...but I'll do what I can...

She's OA Fashtionobility, out of Patreigna, by MHR Nobility, who are grandson and granddaughter of Bask.

Here are the names, I'm just working down the line back from my mare:

Elimar, Har Nahra, Soverign, Patraza, Celebes, Eliza, Bask, Portulaka, Bask, Andromada, Negatraz, Patyna, Witraz, Canaria, Pietuszok, Ellora, Witraz, Balalajka, Father, Porfira, Witraz, Balalajka, Andrut, Arenda, Bask, Negotka, Czardasz, Potencja.

I'm assuming looking at the names that those are Polish bloodlines, but I don't even know what that means. If anyone has any information that would be great. Thanks.
  • Ok, I just read up a little on Polish bloodlines, and learned they were war horses who fall into one of two categories...the athletic and the beautiful, or  "Seglawi"  and "Kuhailan." What I read said the Kuhailan were often bay, the Seglawi often gray. Well my mare is chestnut on her papers...but in actuality she's like a strawberry roan, heavy on the strawberry. She's also rather large...well over 15 hands, with an impressive girth (I had to let my big *** collar out to the last notch, and use the biggest roping cinch I have on her saddle). I'm thinking that probably  means she's Kuhailan.

I'm also curious if anyone knows what bloodlines dsld runs in in Arabs, or if it even does run in bloodlines. On another site I got blasted for having never heard of it, and told it was a "common" defect in Arabs. I did my own research, and I don't see that it's common, but I'm still interested in learning anything I can about it. My mare is 16 and though she has long sloping pasterns, no evidence of lameness ever and her pasterns and fetlocks look strong and in the right place still...I'm assuming that if she hasn't shown it by age 16 she's probably pretty safe....
  • And here's a pic of her...

" border="0" />
  • I am still learning about all the bloodlines but MHR Movility is in - All Breed Pedegree
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mhr+nobility
  • [quote=AllieBaba]I'm also curious if anyone knows what bloodlines dsld runs in in Arabs, or if it even does run in bloodlines. 

Is there a genetic link?
    Though DSLD has been diagnosed in several breeds, early findings are that it seems to be more prevalent in certain bloodlines within those breeds. In spite of these early findings, there are some who speculate that DSLD is related to mismanagement and improper care. Others feel it is related to poor conformation. So far, attempts to find a genetic marker have been met with resistance from breeders unwilling to cooperate with full disclosure of affected animals pedigrees or lists of related affected animals, so little progress has been made on that front. So for now, this question remains unanswered.

What breeds of horses are affected?
    DSLD has been diagnosed in the following breeds: Arabian, American Saddlebred, National Show Horse, Paso Fino, Peruvian Paso, Quarter Horse.