Quick Post

Haflingers...how many out there?

Haflingers...how many out there?
  • How many people own Haflingers? I have a haflinger mare named Tanoka. You?
  • I had a halflinger pony a few years ago that I absolutely adored.  I bought her for my son but then he got bored and she didn't get along with my other horse.  Since she was so good with kids I donated her to a therapeutic riding school where she's doing great.  When I was looking for a horse after my QH died I seriously considered a halflinger.  My appaloosa came from a friend of a friend so knowing the owner's/horse's background was a huge deciding factor.  Would love to see pictures of your horse though!
  • I have a haflinger named Toby (reg. Motley RR) who is 10.  I picked him out when he was a yearling. 

I had a second haflinger for a while, a grade, but I found him a new home last summer.  I also have a 2 year old that I was told was a haflinger cross, but I'm not sure if I believe it.
  • [quote=jungle_cat]

I have a haflinger named Toby (reg. Motley RR) who is 10.  I picked him out when he was a yearling. 

I had a second haflinger for a while, a grade, but I found him a new home last summer.  I also have a 2 year old that I was told was a haflinger cross, but I'm not sure if I believe it.

Wait, your Cat from Horseforum.com aren't you?
  • Yup - that's me.

BTW - who are you over there?  Might have to go see if I can figure it out.  LOL.
  • [quote=jungle_cat]

Yup - that's me.

BTW - who are you over there?  Might have to go see if I can figure it out.  LOL.

Oh! I'm lildonkey8,
    add me to your friends list!!!!
  • Current Haflingers:

Peach, 8 YO mare, 'forever' horse worth her weight in gold

Sweet P, 6 YO mare, 'forever' horse who had the misfortune of losing her tail

Crystal, 8 YO mare, sale pending:

Gibson, 10 YO gelding I started under saddle for a friend

Shelly, 6 YO mare I started under saddle as a project

Love the golden ponies.....

• Beautiful golden pony pics 3 equines!  Too bad the trip would be way too long or else I would suggest you bring a couple of your golden beauties here to the Kentucky Horse Park for the haflinger Gathering in October. 
  • Hey Giddyup - not sure if you saw that a couple folks did post on your haflinger thread on the other forum?  It got buried quickly.  Here is Toby's pics - might as well cross post it and show off my silly monster a bit.

He will try to eat anything. I mean anything. Even if its furry...

Actually that was "his" kitty that he seemed to adore. Would groom him (till that long hair was standing on end and always when I didn't have a camera on hand) and had even been known to pick him up by his tail. The kitty didn't seem bothered by it. Toby has not adopted a kitty since the loss of his grey one.

As to favorite food - hands down its peppermints. He will even give kisses when bribed with his favorite minty treat.

He's also not all that thrilled if I spend time with another horse and take pictures of another horse. He gets in the way a bit. And of course has to see if that black clicky thing in my hand is edible...

One of his rare nicely squared up shots...

And one of my favorite pics!

He used to be a naughty boy in his younger years with a huge but fun mischievous streak. He has now calmed down and has become a serious trail partner...for the most part. He still likes to get in the occasional bit of trouble. But what else can you expect from an April Fools baby?
  • I personally have a appaloosa,  but my mom has a cute fat little haflinger mare named Georgia :)