Quick Post

Mystery Mix

Mystery Mix
  • I have a 2yo mare, Indie (previously featured many times in behavioural problems section) 
    She is a heavyweight Cob X 7/8ths Coloured Standardbred. What does this make her? a Lightweight Cob, a Trotter, a Warmblood of some sorts?v CAn anyone decipher the complex genetic web of my mare and give it a name? 
    *She's my avatar picture if a reference photo is needed.    
  • Going by the picture I would have guessed her as a Drum Horse to be honest.

You could get away with just calling her a colored cob cross or draft cross. If you consider the Standardbred a light saddle horse, you could call her a warmblood, although I do not know if she would be accepted by any open warmblood studbook or breeding registry.
  • Hmm, going by the official staus quo for Drum Horses she is too short and fat to be a Drum Horse so I'll probably say a light saddle horse =] Thank you for your help =]  
  • Gypsy Vanners are sometimes used as Drum Horses, and they are some short drafts.

Either way, she is a well loved mutt and little trumps hybrid vigor. [':)']
  • I'd call her pretty!
    I have a UK friend who has a different opinion of Gypsy Vanners than the opinion of the US horse people. 

We don't really have Coloured Standardbreds here, I think they are mostly in S.Africa, aren't they? 

You can call her an American Warmblood.  I think anything goes for that "breed".