Quick Post

Daisy's hoof progress!

Daisy's hoof progress!
  • Daisy has been trimmed 3 times since I've had her ( 5 months), I think her hooves are really starting to come along. the previous home she had only recorded that she had been trimmed ONCE in 08!!! and i bought her 1/3 of the way into 2009!!

so her little neglected hooves are finally getting the attention they need. They're still very dry - doing water baths & hoof maker. But we've seen HUGE improvements in her sole thickness & growth in general. Her first trim they could barely trim the backs because she showed pink spots almost instantly.

My trimmer uses abrasive trimming on Daisy

• Wow!  Her feet look so much more comfortable now ':)'  I bet she feels sooooo much better ':)'  Have any pictures of the whole donkey?
  • They look SO much better ! Don't get them to short though, Donkey hooves are deeper cupped than a horses hooves are.
  • yup! my trimmer does donkey's specifically, although she does trim her horses hooves too

here's Daisy 'big' LOL

• here is a shot of what her backs looked like when I first got her

• here's a link to a video of abrasive trimming. I took this at a donkey hoof trimming clinic - the guy trimming is my trimmer's husband. ':)'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzHHwxINrE

• She's so beautiful and shiny!  Thanks!!
  • Heres a couple fun ones

• wow thats awesome......so was this done by geting feet trimes every 6 weeks i have a mare that when she came to me she has a club foot we have been trimming her every six weeks like my other mare and it looks better but should it start looking like they are growing out better i  have to get a pic of it ...wow awesome her feet look amazing she is beautiful
  • [quote=BuckskinsRock]

wow thats awesome......so was this done by geting feet trimes every 6 weeks i have a mare that when she came to me she has a club foot we have been trimming her every six weeks like my other mare and it looks better but should it start looking like they are growing out better i  have to get a pic of it ...wow awesome her feet look amazing she is beautiful

right now she's on a 4 week schedule, in the beginning it was about 5 or 6 weeks. we found out 7 was way too long ( i had went on vacation).

we're having a problem with Daisy's front toes from her pawing too much. currently working on a larger pen, and changing up her feeding schedule - 3 meals/day rather than two. It seems like she gets anxious around dinner time & thats when she starts pawing ( she does it with some serious intention), my trimmer is worried about the constant wear on her toes.