Quick Post

Sally Mule Under Saddle!

Sally Mule Under Saddle!
  • got a new brain bucket - an Ovation brand one with lots of vents for summer riding. Lighter and more comfy than the pink Troxel. My young friend took a crash off of my gelding, Thunder, today. I was riding Sally. The girl got her wind knocked out and was pretty shook up. She landed on her back on the brick-hard clay dirt, and also bumped her head. Sally stood, ground-tied, while I dealt with the situation. A sober reminder about brain buckets, and a proud moment for my mule to take it all in stride. The girl was not badly hurt and we got her to cowgirl up and ride the rest of the way home. Ultimately, any horse, no matter how broke, can throw any rider, no matter how good, at any time. In fact, the more broke they are the less the rider expects it, so if a monster pops up along the trail the damage can be that much for the worst.
  • I got a new Ovation too. I like it a lot. Horse.com has free ship on helmets thru Aug 12 if anyone needs to get one.
  • WOW! Glad she's okay. She wears a helmet? Is she getting a new one? I got the wind knocked out of me not so many years ago. I fell off, planned on doing a perfect landing in the soft arena dirt and the mare kicked me in the chest on my way down. It wasn't a bad kick cuz I was airborn already and I think she contacted me with her lower leg, not her hoof. She was probably just pushing me away from her as she was going over a jump. I'm such a klutz! [':D']
  • Yep, new helmet for friend, too. Rode in 95* weather today. Stuck to the shade as much as possible. Sally did awesome! had some youngsters with me, too...
  • They make visors to go over and around your helmet to give a better sunblock ':)'

Looks like everyone is having a great time ':)'  Sally is just gorgeous!!  I want one!  Couldn't find a gorgeous mule like her down here for $400......  Now that I've moved on 2 horses the temptation is there.....  it would be nice to have a horse for hubby that was taller so I wasn't always looking down on him!