Quick Post

Meet Daisy **PICS**

Meet Daisy **PICS**
  • This is my Donkey, Daisy. I've had her for a little over a month.  She's very sweet & pretty easy going so far.
    She's a very forward donkey & loves to go for walks. she supposidly knows how to ride & drive. She's only 5 so we're starting with the basics.  Right now we're working on grooming. She's learning alot of patience from our sessions.  After that it'll be time for a hoof trim. shes 100% ok with her front hooves & we're working towards the back ones right now.

• She's the bomb!  Her coat looks nice and healthy.  I bet she's fun to have!  Can't wait to see the progress you make.

HI DAISY!!!!  *blows kisses*

Not camara shy, is she? [':D']
  • What a lovely girl you have.    I can't wait to hear more about your adventures with her !
  • She's a good girl. We're still getting to know one another.

I attempted to lunge her last night - which i hear alot of donkeys wont do - but she did it!! i didn't ask her for too much - i think only about 2 minutes worth of lunging. but I think she did great!!  she def knows whoa when lunging, during leading is another story.  but you can tell some one taught her this in the past ':)'

i think I have bad form overall, I haven't lunged a horse(or donkey lol) in a long time. but she knew what I wanted. I only had to wiggle the whip on the ground once. she responds well to clicking.

here's a little vid of it. ':)'

she kept veering off towards the back fence because we had horsey friend spectators, two mares and a mule. LOL

nice to know I have another way to exercise her other than walks, I'm always paranoid of her getting too fat, as she does have alot of fat on her neck.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/akyramoto/?action=view&current=Daisylunges2try632009.flv
  • AW! she is way cute! i have a couple of friends that have donkeys.
  • ':)'
  • OMG HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA looks like cowboy after he eats lime chips
  • awww she is way cute!
  • THAT ought to be your avatar!! [':D']
    I'm rotten at lunging but recently I learned from a trainer to keep your belt buckle pointed behind the girth.  I think that helps.
  • So yesterday my best friend comes over & says 'I want to get on Daisy'
    so I said 'OK!' LOL so we geared her up!! just in case ':)'
    it looks funny but we like to be safe - we're not teenagers any more & injuries hurt!! LOL

so here's my friend getting led around on Daisy - Daisy did GREAT!! she didn't really fuss at all. the best part is after she got off my friend said 'oooh i want to pick up her back feet' cuz she knew I've been wanting to do that.
    at first she moved around, so we led her next to the fence so she couldn't move sideways. it was no problem! she picked up both back feet with almost no resistance!! that makes me SOOOO happy. Alot of donkey's have a huge feet issues!! so i'm happy to see that it can be done - Ive been working on it through grooming & desensitization.  But it really helped to have two people!!

here it is! She was only on her for about 2 minutes -
    http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/akyramoto/?action=view&current=daisysfirstrideshort.flv
  • ROFLOL! R we a little scarred of falling an entire 2 feet? not making fun but eh knee pads?I fell of my 16.2 tb and got up to chase him down.
  • Awww.....  I think she just came from a soccer match!  [':D']  I know what you mean about "at our age".  I was so surprised at how well I still bounce! [8|]

Forgot to say Daisy looks like SUCH a good girl!
  • [quote=DixieClassic003]

ROFLOL! R we a little scarred of falling an entire 2 feet? not making fun but eh knee pads?I fell of my 16.2 tb and got up to chase him down.

haha! i think she realized once she was up there 'oh its not that far to the ground!' LOL
    I probably wouldve just worn a helmet.

but ya my friend has lots of health problems, she literally rested all day on the couch just so she had enough energy to do this!!  its not fair, she's only 28 & she feels like she's 80. ':(' bad back, bad kidneys, bad circulation among other things.

gear is never a bad idea though, no matter how stupid you look, it least you can still get to work the next day - espeically if you dont have a health insurance!!

• awe she is so cutee!
    haha I wish she was mine!! ':D'
    I also really like her halter xD she looks very very cute in it!
    I also see in that one pic that she wanted to smell the camera lol, maybe she wanted to eat it!!?? haha just kidding':)'
    but very cute donkey!
  • thanks!
    I made her the light neon green one she's wearing in the videos ':)'