Quick Post

mule baby with color!

mule baby with color!
  • How lucky can a person get?  I was given 2 mares allegedly pasture bred by a jack.  When we picked the mares up, one was definitaly in foal.  Got me a Gorgeous brown & white paint mule baby last week!!!!!  Don't know if this will stay, but, there are a few black hairs in the mane & tail & on the tips of his ears, other than that he is white and brown.  I don't know a thing about paints, so any help on the type of pattern will certainly be appreciated.  I haven't been on here for a few years, thought it would be fun to post some pics of "Gus"  Augustus.  Well, I was able to post pictures in another sub category of this forum for Breeds, colors/patterns.  Wasn't given the same option to post pics here....   whine/cry
    Mary

• Got some pics loaded now.
    Mary
  • Beautiful.  Great looking baby.  Mom looks nice, too.
  • Eye catching! Congratulations!
  • Oh my goodness, made me smile he's so cute!  Lucky you and lucky him to for getting to be born into a home that appreciates him ':)'  Thanks for sharing ':)'  Updates please!
  • *screams*

HE IS ADORABLE!!!  I wanna hug him!!! [':)']  (he's my new computer background!!)
  • Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!

Mom is a blood bay QH, about 15.2h and Dad is a red roan with paint spots and a whopping 13h.  Both are very sweet, well, Mom does like her feed.....

Other mare, if in foal, will be another 2 to 3 months or so.  She is a 14h white appy mare with a very few faint brown spots, have to look close as they look like dirt.  She is the one I would have thought I might get some color.

Both mares will have a good home after weaning.  Chief Juvenile Probation will be getting them for his kids.  I just don't have any pasture, all woods, so all the mules and horses are fed daily and have 24/7 access to hay.  3 adult mules, the 2 mares and Gus.  Too many for just the 2 of us to ride, be 3 years before Gus can be rode.  The Chief and his kids are excited about getting the mares and I'm happy that I can give them the horses.  Every girl's dream to have their very own horse.

Hunterseat, I've thought of you OFTEN.  I would occasionally cruise through here to make sure you were still around and doing well.  I see that beautiful filly has pretty much grown up!!!!  Wow, I remember the excitement of everyone pitching in to help a fellow forum member and all her horses.  I pray all is well with you and your son.  I'm sorry we lost touch with each other although I could have kept up by getting on this forum more.  Take care.  Oh, and I am honored that Gus will be your screen saver for a bit!!
    Mary
  • I'll be coming through Tejas as soon as I get my feet on US soil (right after a quick visit with my sweetheart - who won't be coming to Texas on this trip).
    Dani has a NJ boyfriend. [':)'] She's spending the summer at Auntie Dawn's in KY with her uncles.  The NJ boy recently joined the herd and he's smitten. [':D']
  • What the heck are you doing in the Middle East?!!!!???  PLEEEZE be careful.  I didn't notice that until you said you were coming down to Texas when your feet touch on U.S. soil.  Oh my gosh, I'm sure you are ready to come home!
    Dani is still so beautiful!!!
    Mary