Quick Post

Donkey Fly Masks!

Donkey Fly Masks!
  • So Daisy's mask from last year is pretty wore out, she only had one season on it, and it's dead LOL.
    This year I decided to make them masks. Commercial masks are really hard fit to donkeys. 

So here's the girls' masks I made, they fit great!! I think the hardest part was the ears!!

I also hooked up a mister for them in the shelter, they weren't really happy bout it at first, but now they don't mind standing near it. lol

and a funny pic of trying to convince MArtha to come out and eat grass in the yard, she wasn't having any of it!! LOL

• Aren't you the handy one!  Those girls are SOOO cute!  Love the fly masks.  Cashel has long ear fly masks but it looks like you won't be needing any!  Good job!

My horses want to know if you can come put up a mister hose for them. 

LOVE the Martha pic! 
  • Here's another handy hint that will do in a pinch.  Hopefully the mods won't think it's too far out there.  Hey, whatever works!  [':D']
  • LOL!! the bra, that kills me.

Ya the Cashel ones were too expensive now that I have two donks.
    the materials for each mask was about $10 ( and I had the red fur laying around in the sewing room).
  • How clever!!  I got a mask for my Cody once, supposed to be draft size but I think it was mislabeled and really for a mammoth jack!    Would've sent it to you if I've known you!  I sewed the ears smaller.  Introducing "BatBoy."

• HAHAHA!!! Thats too funny!!!

my girls are Large Standards, so they would've been swimming in a Mammoth mask!

I think last year Daisy's mask was a yearling size! maybe it was pony, I dunno, she has a small head.