Quick Post

Trail Riding and Horse Camping in the Northwest..( Oregon & Washington )

Trail Riding and Horse Camping in the Northwest..( Oregon & Washington )
  • Howdy ... Happy Hoofers Trail Riders annual horse camp-out will be at Sheep Springs near Sisters Oregon...June 13th thru the 19th... We have sites 6-7-8-9-10...  maybe still some camp sites available?? ??

• Avitar disappeared so I reloaded it again except it is not in again?? I see a lot of red Xs where avitars should be ..Is this a whole site problem!??
  • Well I got my avitar back....
  • [quote=OleBean]

Well I got my avitar back....

You know I have always pictured you looking just like that picture. I sure would hate it if you ever changed it.

Sorry about your old thread. that was pretty impressive.

• Wish I was as thin as my avitar but no... Will probably never change...

I have built up these large stomach muscles so I can sit for long periods of time without tiring...
  • Hey!! We havent made it to your part of the country to ride yet and all that wealth of info you had on your thread is gone!!!Hope to make it to your neck of the woods one of thes days!!
  • ladyluck I hope you make it too... there are so many beautiful places to ride in these United States...You have lots in your state... I took my Army engineer training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.. It is beautifull around Lake of the Ozarks.. Was always going back when I had more time but have not made it..
    I was born and raised in Iowa and I do get back there occasionally to visit my brothers and other relatives..
  • Sounds like fun!  Too bad I don't live closer.
  • Wish I was as thin as my avitar but no... Will probably never change...   I have built up these large stomach muscles so I can sit for long periods of time without tiring...

lololol... Are you sure you weren't describing me? 
  • We will make it one of these day. Been to Montana, Colo, Utah. I am a Co native transplanted in Mo and we usually ride out west four to six weeks in the summer. Locked in for Colo this yr, but who knows? Sure would love to see your beautiful country. And on a horse of course is the only way!!
  • I can only get away on a Friday night to visit (not gonna bring the horse). Is it possible to pay an "extra vehicle" fee and sleep in my Dangaroo overnight?  I know it's possible in a regular campground but know nothing about horse camps.
  • Kathi... There is an additional vehicle fee at Sheep Springs. The site we get (#7) has plenty of room to park. We will arrive at camp on Saturday, June 13 so I am assuming you would come up on Friday, June 19. We leave on Saturday the 20th but we would have plenty of time for a nice ride Saturday morning before packing up. It would be wonderful to have you join us! Your pupster is welcome also. Just has to be on a leash.

This is all less than a month away and I am so not ready. We're still trying to figure out the boot thing for the horses. Life used to be simpler when I knew a lot less! Is that an Ignorance Is Bliss sort of thing?
  • Error????? That's interesting. If you click on that yellow error box, the photo that appears is not mine. Not my photo...not my horse.
    Me thinks there are gremlins at work......

I love the edit feature. Let's you go back and fix the errors you don't see until you have posted.
  • Sounds like the great northwest is having a throwdown.  You all need to take lots of pictures!!
  • Hi Bean & Mane Thing, found my way back with some help. I might swing by and check out the camp on June 12th. I may be going to a Ford Diesel Pickup bash being held at Central Point on June 13th.

I'll probably go down 197 and if time permits I might be able to swing by and grab that grilled Prime Rib steak and baked potato you promised........[';)']

UMmmm. Bologna?.....P& J sammy? Oh well maybe just shake yall's hand and have a quick visit if things work out. [':)']