Quick Post

Trail Riding and Horse Camping in the Northwest..( Oregon & Washington )

Trail Riding and Horse Camping in the Northwest..( Oregon & Washington )
  • Bump

• We are having so much wet I don't know when we will dry out?
    June 13th we are off to SS...

Now weatherman says....snow down to 1000 ft tonight... we are at 700 here in Nehalem Valley..
  • [quote=OleBean]

Howdy Dan.. How are you and what have you been up to??

All is well with me... Was at Sheep Springs in June and I think we will be there in Sept too.

Visited Santiam Horse Camp on Sunday and also visited Big Meadow Horse Camp same day..Both off of Hwy. 22....

I LOVE Big Meadow horse camp, spent a long weekend there last August and had some great rides even though it was like 50* and rain showers.
     Rule #1: if you can't change the weather, change your attitude

which sometimes can lead to darn foolishness:

but helps you get to amazing places while other folks stay back in camp

oh and it never hurts to teach your horse to ground tie at the outhouse

can't wait to go there again this summer, the hill along the Turpentine trail was COVERED in blackberry vines, I would like to go back to pick 'em - with a bear tag and a rifle on my saddle, just in case. 

• 3equines...great photos! Looks like you are an all-weather rider. Wish I could say the same thing.
    OleBean and I were with a group at Sheep Springs the middle of June. Oh, burrrrrr.
    Sure hope the Sept. week will be warmer.
  • There is a new Horse camp at Gates, Oregon
    Santiam Horse Camp... We have visited but not had our horses there...
  • Wish I lived up that way.  Better yet, wish I could afford to jet around anywhere I wanted!!  Cuz the great northwest is one place I'm looking forward to visiting. 
    SedonaThunder is up that way...[8|]
  • [quote=OleBean]

There is a new Horse camp at Gates, Oregon
    Santiam Horse Camp... We have visited but not had our horses there...

3equines... I bet you would enjoy Quinn Meadows near Mt. Batchlor...
  • Our group will be at Sheep Springs HC near Camp Sherman Oregon June 11th for 7 days.... Sites 1,2,3,4,6 are still available....
  • [quote=OleBean]

Our group will be at Sheep Springs HC near Camp Sherman Oregon June 11th for 7 days.... Sites 1,2,3,4,6 are still available....

Plan ahead.
  • Yesterday I did trial of my friends horse he was really good as well had fun riding on him the horse looks really good and friendly too.
    ============================
    Earl Nunes

• earln7...Great lookin horse .... did ya buy em??
  • We have a GN three horse Weeekender...for sale ...It is listed under.... Horsey Classifieds... (Trucks and Trailers)

• oh Ok that's cool OleBean, so you sale a horse? can you show me which horses are for sale. like to see it.
    ---------------------------
    Earl Nunes
  • I have a Three horse gooseneck trailer for sale... Not any of my horses are for sale..
  • ok thats good. so for how much do u sell a horse gooseneck trailer?
    =======================
    Earl Nunes