We Have a now 2 year old Qtr/Draft on 2 acres. Elder gelding taught him to nudge the door. Now he was pushing it open. We found a whip/paddle hollow with a rattling noise, and each day, am stepping him furthor back. He seems to be getting better. But ...

989 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I just bought a new gelding who will be 2 in June. Really has had no work done with him but being halter broke. I know he is just a baby but he really seems to ignore you when you are leading him and you stop. He will stop for a second but he HATES standing ...

2.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

My mare has been out of work for awhile and I have to recondition her. When I owned my horse before I was able to work with him daily and this time around, at least right now, I am not able to because of my work schedule and she is boarded an hour away ...

957 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Never seen him do it before. I've been looking all over the web and can't really pinpoint if it's headshaking or what. It's mostly just a 1 time upward jolt and he's doing it in the pasture and when we are doing drills or just grazing ...

2.4K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Im 15 and I have a 5 year old mare, who I've owned for about 1 1/2 years She's mostly been quite a sweet mare, sometimes quite spooky and bucky as she was very young when i got her and gets nervous on her own. Sometimes she will try and bite when ...

2.3K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello!
I need a bit of help. The horse I am currently leasing is extremely lazy, and so far on the forehand that I'm afraid he's going to trip over himself. He is completely dead to my leg, so I tried to school him with a crop. All I did was ...

2.2K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm sure this topic has been covered many times but I can't find a recent thread.
Please direct me if you can.

My new mare pins her ears back when being fed especially if you stand close to the fence where her bucket is hung. I thought ...

2.1K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I am soooo excited! My riding buddy found out there is going to be a Buck Brannaman clinic here in Riverside in April so she called and we are in!! Expensive so that's my Christmas and birthday present but we figured, it's a once in a lifetime ...

2.3K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Over this summer I've decided to fine tune my horse's skills. But I'm been stuck on leads. How are ways to figure out what lead a horse is on, while on the ground and in the saddle? I've heard to look at which front leg lands first, and ...

1.7K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Beautiful photoblog about a girl's experience in the Extreme Mustang Challenge:

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/Summer_Brennan/story/18387

1.8K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

My horse is Hard to Catch and Very Stubborn and Lazy what should i Do? ...

2.3K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

Took her out on trail today. Kelly ponied her off Tahoe who is being really good about it too. She was a little excited when we first went out of the gate as her pasture buddy was throwing a fit at being left alone but as soon as we headed out, she settled ...

1.7K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Comments

24 Nov 2012 2:50 AM

We've been checking Kelly's new mare out, looking for holes in her foundation and so far she seems to be doing well. She respects your space, leads, ties, can be touched allover, can get her feet done, handled, you can catch her, lunges, gets ...

Looking for a trainer in the upstate NY area or a trainer that will come travel to me. If I really felt comfortable with the trainer, I'd be willing to send my horse out for training but I really prefer that I be able to watch and learn from the process ...

1.6K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

I Love doing Stuff On line and in the Saddle with my Horse! Me and her Especially love Doing Lots of different games and going though Courses, It is just i Ran out of Ideas of what to do. What are some of you Favorite Games you like to do with horses ...

736 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

i have an 8y/o quarter gelding. well broke. when i take him somewhere he freaks out. i have seen others ride him and he will calm. now when a new horse visiited for a day he freaked out again. i have worked some at lunging and he will be fine and then ...

1.5K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I've been hearing alot about this recently, but never before - what is Rollkur? I know it has to do with the horse's headset in dressage, but is it a tool or a training method or just the headset itself? Also, how do horse's see where they're ...

Hi, my pony (Shelly) is a very good natured pony. She only has one little issue that needs to be corrected. I take her out on rides regularly. When i instruct her to go ahead and walk she does not go. The only way she will move while you are on her back ...

2.2K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

I though he would grow out of this awkward thing that he does but it looks like I will need to help him a bit and I think I'm at the end of my experience at this.

Symptoms: very reluctant to canter under saddle, downward transitions like train ...

1.3K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

When working with horses, its important to have the basics down. Learn how to properly walk and halt a horse.

Why Learn to Walk and Halt

This is important because as a beginning rider the first gate you#%92re going to be introduced ...

947 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Maybe hormones. Usually when I bath her she doesn't mind cold water on her udder and bits and always moves her tail to the side for me. Yesterday I went to wash her and she was complaining I rather not but she really needed a wash. Everything the ...

1.6K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

This a perfect mare in every way...except her tongue. she is Hannovarian /arab x very willing a nd a joy addition to our home.. I event this 7 y.oldmare and the tongue can be a real deal breaker in th dressage element . first time posting for this problem ...

1.8K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

No real problem, just a question. We don't have any natural predators for horses where I am. Maybe snakes would be a scary thing but the horses don't run into them often. I swear I do more than them. Just wondering when the foals lay down to sleep ...

1.4K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

(sorry in adVanCed for tHe weird Caps loCk on Certain letters, my keyboard is going out so some letters I Can only type wHen Capitilized.. it's Very annoying, but try to ignore it!)

Hey guys! So I just Created a page on Horse.Com forum just ...

1.4K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

How do I get my horse Scout to pick up the right canter lead when he has only been cantering on the left lead for 18 years of his life. Has the same issue when circling on a long line without rider or saddle. Running around the pasture he is always on ...

1.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES