I'm so excited! A highly recommended trainer is coming tomorrow afternoon to take a look at Jewel. It's been frustrating watching her grow and not get worked with since my neck got bad so now she'll get to move forward with becoming a respectful ...

8.8K VIEWS 48 COMMENTS LIKES

Can anybody tell me why judges like to see horses so submissive that they look and act lame????? I've been out of horses for quite a while and went to a show not too long ago. I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!! There was a big butt trainer working ...

995 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

I have noticed a few changes in Sahara. Frisky who is much older...but also much smaller use to send Sahara galloping away just by pinning her ears. Now she ignores Frisky charging and kicking at her. Both of them are aggressive with their food. Frisky ...

651 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I have recently acquired a new horse. He's a wonderful horse and is an absolute joy. There are just a couple small tying problems. When tied alone, or even with another horse in the barn, he is very fidgety and moves his butt side to side. He doesn't ...

1.4K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES

Well, here's our first attempt at getting a video of Jewel....... today when the lady was here looking at her, she kept running full-bore to the corner and sliding up to the gate and finally over-estimated and lost her footing and went down, wrapping ...

1.4K VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Whew!! I take it back about Jewel being better! Tonight when I was putting Cody back in the pasture with Jewel and Chocolate, she came over and was shoving herself between us and being marish despite me waving my arms and smacking her with the leadrope ...

4.6K VIEWS 16 COMMENTS LIKES

I purchased Clinton Anderson's Fundamentals DVD Set during his Black Friday sale for $266. Awesome deal considering it's normally $600 for non-members. Being pretty new to horses I also purchased his Horsemanship 101 DVD Set. I've been volunteering ...

1.5K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

My mare has a terrible problem with it.. even on her own she normally doesn't get her leads correct. But she's way worse to her left. She's been check by the vet, and she's perfectly sound.. what can I do about this? ...

874 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I have pastured my retired mare in a 6 acre pasture for about 2 years. The owners of that pasture used to have goats who were her buddies. When they sold the goats, she obviously got very lonely...so I moved my 8 year old gelding to that pasture to be ...

1.2K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Ok, my arab gelding is 5 years old, we have saddled him and ridden him numerouse times, or shall i say my daughters on him while i lead him around ?? he is so easy going, spooks at nothing, just a big puppy dog, but he has NO CLUE what to do, and were ...

3.1K VIEWS 14 COMMENTS LIKES

Noticed when riding my TB that whenever he has a bit in his mouth he holds it open some the whole time. I have changed bits and tired different ones, checked my head stall, checked his mouth and cant find anything wrong. he is responding to commands with ...

1.5K VIEWS 11 COMMENTS LIKES

got a new horse. i was assured before we got him he had no nasty habits-i asked. apparently the former owners didnt realize how serious cribbing is. to say this horse is devoted to cribbing is an understatement. he eats then goes right back at it. he ...

1.7K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES

My 6 yo appendix has always been a little crazy but in the last 2 months she's become completely psychotic, she rears and has flipped over with a surcingle and side reins on. She is not lame, probably could use a floating, doesn't seem to have ...

1.2K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm still having trouble with my 8 year old gelding which charged at me last week while longing.I have already posted on this issue. I know it is a respect issue. I'm trying not to be a predator to him. Great ground manners leads well lifts feet ...

1.4K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

I have two mares. One is a 7 yr old retired TB that was abandoned and is nicely gaining weight, but I'm not riding her until she gains. The other is a 3 yr old Paint QH that I trained to saddle a few months ago and have been riding at a walk to get ...

955 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

My mare is 9 years old nd is an amazing jumper, she NEVER stops schooling, hacking and cross country but when she competes over show jumping she does.
We know that this is not due to me dropping her or not having sufficent leg on but that she is nervous ...

861 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Ok, so i have a OTTB mare and she has been great and i absolutely love riding her and running barrels on her, but a while back she had a hoof problem(nothing serious) and i wasnt able to ride her for about 4 to 5 weeks. Well in that time she bottled up ...

1.8K VIEWS 10 COMMENTS LIKES

We bought a new mare, Lady about a month ago, just turned 16 yr. old TB, OTTB, but hasn't raced since she was about 4. She was advertised as a trail horse, when we tried her out the owner got on her, I rode her, my daughter rode her and since we've ...

1.4K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES

Harley is 2.5 year old gelding. He's been through 30 days of training and I've been working with him on my own since. He is the in your pocket horse! However, he's got this funny personality. He loves to run around with "things" ...

1.1K VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

June 2011 Tack and Training tips
Building a better stop pt 3/ starting in the snaffle bit

For those of you who have been following this training series your horse should be stopping off of your body and verbal Whoa cues. Should be soft in ...

952 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Comments

22 Jun 2011 2:11 PM

Ok so I have been working with Gunner on lateral flexion and he has gotten it down great! We have done a lot of circle work, figure 8's and serpentines and he has really caught on well. His head has dropped a lot, he turns his nose to the inside when ...

1.1K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay but here is the video for this month and I'm working on a written article to go along with it that I hope to have posted by Sunday night. This is a brief into for the steps we'll need to get a collected stop ...

868 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

My mare, Lucky has only recently returned into work after having a foal and then going lame due to too many paddock shenanigans. When I ride her in anything more than walk, I.E trot and canter, you try and steer her forwards but her body goes sideways ...

1.3K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES

I went to visit my mothers best friends who own a rescue organization called Equine Grove. They recently took in a 15 year old Quarter Horse gelding named JoJo. His owner was a collage student who just couldn't afford his board anymore. He is broke ...

1.6K VIEWS 13 COMMENTS LIKES

Hello,

Very new to the forums, mostly joined because of a problem I am having with my 5 year old paint filly. If I have good luck here, I'll be sure to come back with any problems I have in the future.

She's been broke for a little ...

1.4K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES