Not conducive to the drying out of Willow's paddock. I want there yesterday to work with her some. There are 5 horses there and her paddock is by far the worst. The only dry spot is in the run-in. Glad she has that but the rest is sloppy soup. Nasty ...

64 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Beautiful day out there with wonderful sunshine! Just having the bright sun makes things seem happier.
The new horse was a buy that was too good to pass up...unless he proves to be a disaster. He is thin but the girl I got him from managed to put ...

110 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

I'm up and at 'em. About to get ready to make the drive to LI. YAY! I just enjoy going over there, usually. I missed my January trip.

Went by to see Willow-mare yesterday but couldn't really do anything because I haven't signed ...

127 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

I managed a restful day yesterday.
I spent the day preparing the agenda and paperwork for this morning's Resource Manager team meeting.
It was expecting to be a big blow up mess but received a notice from bad actor that she can not attend.@ ...

45 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

The new horse arrived shortly after lunch. He is RED. No white. The seller offered to come back another time and ride him if I felt hesitant. He is a bit forward on the ground but listens and acts like he will get over it. Not in good rig, but thin, not ...

169 VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES

I apologize for another absence. I had to take my laptop back to the shop. Hopefully it's going to do right.

Girl is up to something, on the phone all night. Thankfully she was quiet so she didn't really keep me up until she started getting ...

67 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

I am still tired but feeling better.
Everything got a deep watering including the dead olive trees, just in case.

Jet still hasn't gotten his bath. Those horses would look great if someone actually took care of them?
He is Jet's Gold ...

88 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

lousy. Yes, cheese please with my whine.
Crappy head cold, sinus thing on a very busy weekend.

Our annual, big fundraiser for the Library is tomorrow.
Sunday V wants to ride and we all have dinner together afterward.

Monday, I chair ...

122 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Today has been good. Cal and I went to Vernon and got feed. We next stopped at the diner near the livestock sale barn and had a good breakfast with wonderful coffee. On the way home, I suggested we stop at the thrift shop. Good idea. It was free day. ...

105 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Two purple iris came up and bloomed. Then something came and ate them overnight. :(
At least I got to enjoy them for a day.
Hummingbirds are back and a multitude of butterflies.

Today is a brush clearing day. It won't be fun but we need ...

191 VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES

I slept about 10 hours last night.
It has been an exhausting month so far.

MaderChica flew home yesterday.:(
She won't be back until August.

I spent all yesterday afternoon watering. We haven't got the rains that have been ...

125 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
It is very green here and the bluebonnets and wildflowers have started.

My hard work transplanting salvias along the drive is starting to pay off.
They decided to burst this year and it looks great so I will continue ...

48 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

I found a free lease horse. Her mom had surgery. She's a draft. I might go see her next weekend. The lady isn't up to meeting at the barn just yet. I'd like to have a horse to hang out with plus the girl can get on and we can go for walks ...

97 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Tomorrow's my Friday. It was a pretty good day today, too.

Not much else to report. Just wanted to say hi. The Blizzard was way overblown. Thankfully. The drive in was fine.

Looking forward to seeing Spartacus again. Nutcase OTB. ...

116 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Yesterday didn't work out.
It was drizzly so we decided not to ride. :(
MaderChica did studying while I ran to get groceries.
Of course by the time I got to the store it cleared up.

She had a dinner date with family. They were meeting ...

74 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

MaderChca day!
We are going to ride. Everyone else has school or work.
She works with Hercules a universal blood donor draft horse at U of M.
He has bad manners so we are going to have a lesson about dealing with some of his issues.
She is ...

139 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES

Just snow on the ground. It snowed Friday, I brought my work laptop home to telework, then the base closed so I really didn't have to work but I did a little anyway. We do have a blizzard warning in effect for Tuesday. I'll go in Monday but that's ...

134 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Working a 1/2 day then heading to SW Virginia to visit our son. This is where my father is from and I will be reconnecting with a cousin I have not seen since the 80s. We are hoping to see my grandparents house and visit the graveyard will my parents ...

121 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

is to do my Thursday backwards again. It worked well last week and was much more pleasant.
The boys have spring break and I can pick Lucky up at noon.
He is going to help me with volunteer duties.

I rested most of yesterday and I actually ...

128 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

guests for breakfast.
Menu items got a bit out of sync.
She loves my blueberry biscuits, but I don't have the right yogurt ingredient.
I have vanilla yogurt not plain. I guess we will have to try it.

They plan to leave later and I ...

46 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

We have recovered from the party.
The house is back in order and almost all the dishes are put away.

We both napped and made the cabin ready.

75* and the wind is gusting to 20 mph.
Horses can be turned out this afternoon.
Farrier ...

54 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Face I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope his transition is a peaceful one.

We are done in and quite exhausted but the party was a very excellent success.
A house full of wonderful people.

I heard from party guests how well Richard ...

127 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS LIKES

Father was moved to a Hospice House yesterday so will be heading to the assisted living place he was at to pick up a few things.
Hope to get Fancy and Eros out for a ride this afternoon and Apache and Fancy out tomorrow.
In the Fall I finally got ...

105 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES

Looks like tomorrow Will officially be the first day of having to use fly masks here So sad because I love to see their beautiful faces. When I was bandaging Penny's leg tonight I noticed she kept stopping and kicking at her belly and when I looked ...

47 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES

Is, it's almost Friday! I had a good week because I didn't have tons of kiddos to test or parent meetings or after school duty! Makes for a good week when the workload is manageable. I'm also feeling so much better My ribs are healing and ...

79 VIEWS 1 COMMENTS LIKES