6 Jul 2010 10:55 AM

I am trying to find out what are early signs of founder. Let me exsplain why. I had this guy come over and take one of my horses( i gave it to him) he was an old horse and I was fighting thrush and weight on him so I found some one to take him. Well this ...

2.2K VIEWS 8 COMMENTS LIKES
6 Jul 2010 10:53 AM

my horse (walker/quarter cross) was shod monday - and i must admit, i let his feet get way too long - and now he is limping. could it be because his feet were longer when he was shod? i feel SO bad - is there anything i can do to help him? if it's ...

2.2K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES
16 Jun 2010 4:30 AM

Firstly, here is a link to photos of my horses hoof, which had some thrush........we have been treating for 5 days or so now.

http://www.nothrushshop.com/pics.html

The reason for my posting is that I have been worried about my 4 year old ...

7K VIEWS 17 COMMENTS LIKES
12 May 2010 2:09 AM

Master Miles harness raced until he was 12. His front right ankle is pretty much fused, no flex at all. He has so many pin-fire scars it's very sad. I adopted him as a pasture ornament to give him a forever home.

Skip back 2 summers, I noticed ...

5.6K VIEWS 19 COMMENTS LIKES
20 Apr 2010 10:49 AM

Is anyone else going barefoot with their horse. I had never heard of it until I got my new mare. I decided to give it a try and I really think we like it. She has to be trimmed around every 45-60 days but the wall of her hoof is getting thicker and when ...

4.4K VIEWS 15 COMMENTS LIKES
12 Apr 2010 1:32 AM

Alright guys I'm a newbie here, but I need some help. I just got a mare who had super long feet, they obviously hadn't been trimmed in a long time, well my farrier took it all off at once, I wish he hadn't but can't change that now, but ...

2.1K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES
31 Mar 2010 3:30 PM

Skip the Barefoot Barrel Horse

I bought my barrel horse Skip N Turn in the fall of 2005. He was well conditioned physically but had foot problems as evidenced by full pads and wedges on the both front feet. The previous owners had been advised ...

2.7K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES
14 Mar 2010 12:55 AM

Hi all,
I'm in the process of deciding what to do with my little mare with chronic laminitis now. I have limited resources, which means there is really no capable farrier around who could shoe her right. My current farrier has been trying and trying ...

7.5K VIEWS 23 COMMENTS LIKES
7 Feb 2010 4:05 AM

Hello, I've just recently gotten two horses, the first time the farrier came he told me that my Morgan mare Brown Sugar has weak hoof walls, he said it was fine just to keep an eye on it. This is my first time owning horses even though i have loved ...

1.9K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES
27 Jan 2010 4:38 AM

I have designed a website to try and help others who have underweight horses and what to do to get them back to where they need to be. I did a lot of research, asked a lot of equine vets questions, and spoke with several, more experienced horse owners ...

882 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES
31 Dec 2009 7:10 PM

My sweet 4 year old mare has been having constant, recurring hoof abscess. Same hoof, same spot...anybody have any advice or experience to share? She is on a hoof supplement, had her in special shoes with pads and now have her wearing hoof sock. My vet ...

1.8K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
18 Dec 2009 4:16 AM

I DO! Steve will be here tomorrow! [ ] My horses are ALWAYS glad to see him!!! Me too. He's a sweetie! [ ] I'll try to get pics. ...

1.8K VIEWS 7 COMMENTS LIKES
1 Oct 2009 5:51 PM

My situation started last April. My 8 yr old mare was rubbing her tail & butt area raw. Because she has been wormed on a regular schedule and I do rotate the wormers, (I should also mention that I have 3 other horses without this problem) the local ...

1.8K VIEWS 6 COMMENTS LIKES
24 Sep 2009 5:06 PM

I found these short videos online today. I thought they were very interesting.

http://www.extension.org/pages/Horse_Hoof_Trimming_Principles

859 VIEWS 0 COMMENTS LIKES
16 Aug 2009 2:18 AM

When I saw my horse this weekend I noticed that there was a white line around the top of her hoof and on the back of her hoof. Now I am just learning bout feet and I was wondering if this is normal?
( I have pics but my computer is being stupid)@@ ...

1.7K VIEWS 3 COMMENTS LIKES
13 Jul 2009 10:04 AM

I'm out of my element here. We've never had a horse with shoes until recently. We put front shoes on Moki to prevent further splitting while being ridden on pavement for parades. Well, we got A LOT of rain yesterday and I'm sure somewhere ...

1.7K VIEWS 5 COMMENTS LIKES
5 Jul 2009 11:41 AM

Ok...so if any of you have seen what I posted on the new mare I got, the lady could not afford to take care of her...that leads to the current problem. The lady claims that she had not had her timmed by a professional in 2 yrs, but I would guess it was ...

1.7K VIEWS 4 COMMENTS LIKES
22 Jun 2009 4:18 PM

My gelding has a chunk tooken out of his hoof, before it was just a crack that we were going to get filed right away, but i checked this morning and now there is a big chunk missing! It is on his front left hoof and is on the side. It is right at the ...

2K VIEWS 9 COMMENTS LIKES