Quick Post

• Hi,
    I am new to this forum - brand new, I haven't even been lurking!  lol

I live near St. Louis and my horse, Sadie, is at my daughter's place near Oklahoma City.  I hope to bring Sadie home next summer, when I should have fencing up and a couple of stalls ready.  My place has not had horses on it for many, many years and the barn has turned into boat and vehicle storage. 

Earlier this year, I joined a local horse club that puts on family-friendly open shows.  I thought it would be a fun place to show and meet the horse minded people in my area.

I will try to post a photo of my 4 year old QH mare - my daughter in the photo has been training on her for the last year.  Sadie was rejected from the cutting pen - found unworthy at two years old as a prospect for the big money in the cutting futurities.  After riding her for a year, my daughter feels they (trainer or owner) forced her too fast and too young. 

I look forward to meeting everyone and learning about your horses. 
    Kary

" border="0" />

" border="0" />
  • OH HI!!!  Painted Lady and others live up that way!  I love that sorrel, that's your Sadie and your daughter? 
    I have 3 former harness racers and a rescue ap filly.  (lots of dogs and cats, too)
    Welcome and great to meet you!
  • Thanks for the welcome, hunterseat.

Yes, that is my daughter on Sadie (the sorrel).  Sadie was working pretty well that day - not happy about it as can be seen in the second pic.  Someone in her early life allowed her to be a spoiled lap-pony, and Sadie still thinks her wishes should come true - not yours!  

You mentioned your retired racers and a rescue appy.  Do you drive, ride, or compete in shows?

• I showed as a teenager.  A lifetime ago!  One Stb is a pasture ornament and one is nearly that - he's got issues but he can go on walking trails.  He's getting up there in years so....  The filly was starved and is behind in growth - she will probably mature to 14.2.  MAYBE a trail pony but the jury's out.  I might rehome her.  My Zag and I just started lessons with a trainer.  I got a trailer last summer and started taking him places and our relationship TOOK OFF.  I want to make him a safe jumper.  This trainer thinks "horseshow" so maybe one day we can do something....  I'm excited about heading him into jumping.
  • Welcome to the forum!  Great folks here but still a bit slow so just hop right in and visit.
  • The image is of your filly?  Really nice, I like her color.

Sadie keeps insisting that she be a lawn ornament, and she invents ways to cut minutes from training sessions.  If things get too tough, she sulls up and fights the bit. 

Yesterday she added rearing to her bag of tricks, and had my daughter ready to strangle her!  She mentioned sending her to a cattle ranch for some 24/7 wet blanket workouts as an attitude adjuster!  They finally found a "sort-of-good" moment to end the lesson.  I would like to do pleasure and trail classes.  If we can get her past the tantrums, maybe reining, but I'm not holding my breath.  lol

My daughter had two rescue horses winter before last.  We traded the mare for Sadie last spring and she has the gelding (foundation QH) ready for sale at this time.  If the gelding, Mikey, does not sell before next year, he may be coming to my place to keep Sadie company.  He is wonderful!  Kind, gentle, very well trained.

Mikey pics while on lawn duty and packing a friend's six year old:

" border="0" />

" border="0" />

" border="0" />

The January day Mikey arrived...weren't sure he would see spring.

" border="0" />

• [quote=trainer101]

Welcome to the forum!  Great folks here but still a bit slow so just hop right in and visit.

Thanks!  It is a large forum to navigate.  I expect most people are out and about with this nice weather.

I have an Edwardsville address.  You mentioned Shawnee Nat. Forest on another thread, what IL town are you closest too?
  • HEY!!!!!  Had I'd known you were going to plaster me all over the internet, I'd had opted to not wear Bud's tee shirt and I'd have done my hair and makeup!!!
  • [quote=slidinstop]

HEY!!!!!  Had I'd known you were going to plaster me all over the internet, I'd had opted to not wear Bud's tee shirt and I'd have done my hair and makeup!!!

You looked marrrvellllous, darrrrling!  Simply, Marrrvelllous!
  • Now there's a lie if ever I heard one!!!  Did your nose grow just a little bit?
  • [quote=slidinstop]

Now there's a lie if ever I heard one!!!  Did your nose grow just a little bit?

Funny post!!   I never lie, don't know what you are talking about...!
  • I'd have done my hair and makeup!!!

Not on THIS forum, missy!  You're already young enough to be ALL of our daughter!  Welcome to you, too.  I gave Painted Lady a heads up.  She should be here sometime in the middle of the night.

OH!  That was Zaggy boy.  Nice color, you say?  Here's the filly!
  • Okay, my bad!  lol  Cute, cute filly.

So, Zag is the one that may be headed to the show pen?  I'll get it straightened out.
  • Well thank you for the welcome!!!!  Seems like a great and friendly bunch here from what I've read!!!

I'm going for lessons Sat, so hopefully will get some action shots of my gray mare, Rhubarb.  She was PERFECTION yesterday and the day before.  Is probably why she's my fav!!! 

Sadie Bug on the other hand... well, she's still at the top of my poop list!!! She got yesterday off... but she goes back to work tonight.
  • So, Zag is the one that may be headed to the show pen?   

I'm going to start jumping him - teaching him the safe way with a person on his back!  But the trainer lives and breathes "horseshow".  I'm really not that keen on showing unless he really shines over fences.  It's a bit cut-throat around here.
    I don't do Western - just wasn't raised with a horn. [':)']