Quick Post

Howdy from Kentucky

Howdy from Kentucky
  • Howdy, I'm from Kentucky and I own 3 horses, all registered QH's.
  • Welcome, Kentucky.  A lot of nice people come here.  Any pictures of your horses to post?  Again, welcome.
  • Hi and welcome!  Nice to see another from Kentucky. 

I'm in Central Kentucky and have 3 horses.  A registered haflinger, a draft cross and a grade (not sure what he is). 

I hope you will share some pics with us.

• Welcome Kentucky Horseman!  Tell us a bit about your critters.

Jungle_cat- Am I correct in remembering that Golden Dreams is a book you wrote?  Jessica Lynn is also my daughter's name.
  • Yup - that is my book!  Awww - I love the fact me & your daughter share a name.
  • [quote=littlebit]

Welcome Kentucky Horseman!  Tell us a bit about your critters.

Jungle_cat- Am I correct in remembering that Golden Dreams is a book you wrote?  Jessica Lynn is also my daughter's name.

ok I will start with the youngest Casha (Helluva Lota Cash) she was born on April 18, 2010 by Hevulla Chex out of Cee Nifty Cash. This is my first young horse and I have had a blast working and training her. I purchased her on the Hilldale farm disperal sale on September 19. When I got her she was taken right off of her dam. She is a buckskin

Hercules aka Herc (Zebs Sugar Leo RQ) is my main riding horse and only gelding. he was born on May 31, 2000. I purchased him in November of 08 from a horse trader and it was an ambush, thanks to a close friend of mine and the owners of place.  I bought him without the great test ride or any of the usual stuff that is needed,. I did take a short ride but I loved the way he handled and I was in a hurry I had to meet my brother at the airport and I only had short amount of extra time. But it has been a great deal for me. the ambush part was my buddy wanted me back in horses and I had been out for about 13 months. He is a Line back Dun

Belle (Sheza Scrappy Starr) is a broom mare and is foal to her first foal. which is by Night Desopit Chex. I purchased her in June of 09 from that buddy who set me up on Hercules. She was born on May 13, 2000. The foal is due on March 15. She is also a Line Back Dun and is a bulldozer of a horse, is you are pushing her from the saddle she will go though brush.

Yes I am a fan of the Nu Chex to Cash Bloodline. and I will post some photos when I get some new ones made all of mind are all of date sorry.  And about that buddy of mine I will get him back into the horse business one way or the other.

• Your horses sound nice!  I raise foundation Quarter horses.  Although I breed for disposition and conformation first, add color to that...and you have frosting on the cake!  I have two palominos, two buckskins, a cremello, and a perlino.  I also have one black, one gray with the rest being sorrels and bays.  I must also add that I have a few Arabians and Quarabs too.  Need to downsize the herd, but unwilling to put "give away" prices on them. 
  • [quote=littlebit]

Your horses sound nice!  I raise foundation Quarter horses.  Although I breed for disposition and conformation first, add color to that...and you have frosting on the cake!  I have two palominos, two buckskins, a cremello, and a perlino.  I also have one black, one gray with the rest being sorrels and bays.  I must also add that I have a few Arabians and Quarabs too.  Need to downsize the herd, but unwilling to put "give away" prices on them. 

Thank you and there is something about a well breed with proper conformation  foundation QH that I love.
  • FINALLY made it back!!! [':D']  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!
  • Welcome Kentucky! I have only been a member here for a little while, but this forum is GREAT! Lots of nice people that have lots of ideas and neat threads too. Have fun!