Quick Post

Saturday same

Saturday same
  • 90's and sunny.
    Not much happening.
    Thankful because our schedule is usually pretty full.
    I may move some rock today and the manure pile needs pushing.
    Fence work at the cabin needs continuation but Pilot isn't enthused.

Yesterday an appointment in Kville fell through so we took a backroads drive.
    Pleasant but sad to see everything so brown and dry.
    We had lunch at the out of the way Greek/Cajun place.
    I had a very delicious fried chicken sandwich and Pilot had red beans and rice with sausage and shrimp.
    I try not to order beef when we go out because we have so much at home now with 2 steers in the freezer.

I did make some jerky using ground beef. A successful recipe but a wintertime one since it requires oven or dehydrator.
    Alo a new ricotta pie since we are low carb or at least try to be. It was crustless and I would describe it like pumpkin pie without the pumpkin?

We have 30 percent rain chances forecast late next week. I imagine it will dissipate as we get closer.
    I hope the west gets wetter and the east gets drier. Crazy.

I hope everyone enjoys the day

• Hi amigos!! Sorry about the MIA status. I see 70 views on some posts so I'm sure people stop by. I'll do better with internet. I'm on my hotspot at the moment.

Got the green light so I'm packing. I'll put my stuff (that I'm keeping) in storage. Once I get a place out there and when boy decides to move, I'll fly back, get a truck, pack it all in and head west (again). The trip takes me through Denver and that's where he wants to end up.  

Anywho, I'm working on it. Heading out Thursday and will only drive 8 or so hrs/day. I don't want to wear myself or the dogs out. Low stress. Might be nice! Still ironing out details but I'm pretty secure feeling about progress.

Anyway, it's pouring so hard here but we need the rain. I'll enjoy it while I can, along with the greenery. No more of that for a while where I"m going. later!!

• Ricotta pie?  will you share the recipe?  would love to try it.  Low carb here, too.  I feel so much better cutting out carbs and most sugar.  

It is Sunday morning and already I can see the moisture in the air.  We not only are going to get hot but also are promised high humidity.  Not thrilled with that forecast.  We have gotten quite a bit of rain and the corn is showing its thanks. with tassels  and silk..

Durangogramma is heading to AZ soon and Stude is so far safe from the fires.  I know Prayers for them will be appreciated as well as for our Hunter.

• Ricotta pie

Has sugar but I used slightly less than 1/2 cup. I think it would be ok with 1/4 cup which I'll try next time.

It is awesome served with berries.

I have a ricotta chocolate mousse recipe that is really good. I will post when I dig it out.

Low carb kills me but I do my best for Pilot's sake.

3 eggs

1/2 cup white sugar

1 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 /2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheeseAdd all ingredients to list

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish.

Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a large bowl until smooth; add ricotta cheese and mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

• thank you.  I want to try this.