Quick Post

Recent fox hunting clinic pictures

Recent fox hunting clinic pictures
  • Here are some pictures from yesterday's fox hunting clinic.  We rode in the first group, got in lots of trotting, cantering and galloping.  Had a blast!  Cody was pretty excited at first, he can apparently collect enough to canter in place!  But he finally wore out enough to decide that when he had a chance to walk, he should walk :)

Cody before we headed out.

Our huntsman and clinician

Heading out with the hounds

Beautiful fall day (I'm in the aqua polo)

Ready for the huntsman to blow the horn!

Taking a breather waiting for the hilltoppers to catch up

Tallyho!

• Heehee. We need a "like" button. Looks like a lot of fun!
  • (I'm in the aqua polo)

On the giant horse. [':D']
  • How wonderful!!!  LOVE the giant horse!! Did they do any cubbing/bringing the young hounds out?
    (he almost looks like a Thellwell pony with that saddle on him - the saddle looks tiny!)
  • The huntsman just brought 4 seasoned hounds with him since none of the riders' horses, including his had ever ridden with them.  Next clinic we go to the kennel.  The hounds are much bigger than I expected!
  • They are big and beautiful! They make awesome pets, too, once retired. The club in MS named the litters by letter and sometimes theme. I remember the T litter. Tipsey, Tequilla, Tanqueray... forgot what else. I think the S's were southern towns: Savannah... I remember a V dog: Velvet. 

There's quite a history behind the hounds, too. Most pedigrees are traceable back to original British dogs. There are black & tan's that are gorgeous, too. Serious kennel masters are SO crazy about their hounds and try to keep the breed standards high. My trailer/truck belonged to a MFH. There were hound toothmarks on the truck bed sides and the screens were chewed off the trailer windows. [':D']
  • I think all of this litter started with "ch."  The huntsman showed us his photo album of all the dogs, had food bags to show us their nutrition, etc.

I was thinking about getting some sort of hound for my next dog ':)'  Short haired, work-oriented, OK around horses ':)'