Quick Post

Best grilled cheese ever.... beer-battered and with bacon, and..... !!

Best grilled cheese ever.... beer-battered and with bacon, and..... !!
  • I found this online, have not made it yet, but I will! 

6 slices hickory-smoked bacon 
     4 slices rustic white bread 
     2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each) 
     2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each) 

1 egg 
     3/4 cup pale ale beer 
     1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour 
     1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder 
     1 tablespoon butter 

Save $$$ on your favorite brands 
     1 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel. 

2 On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices. 

3 Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. 

In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth.
    Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl. 

4 Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. 
    Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.

And.... here is the website.... I hope this came out OK on here, the forum won't let me use paragraphs.... soooo I dunno how this may look, hope you can read it OK. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/beer-battered-grilled-cheese-sandwiches/952adc99-40a4-4bfd-bd35-a724084ef89d#?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Facebook&niseg4=BettyCrocker&creativeID4=Post
  • Oh dear... sorry it came out all jumbled together like that.... I have Firefox for internet, not sure if that is why the Forum won't let me indent or use paragraphs.... But, that sandwich is so yummy sounding... it is worth reading thru all that. It may be a lot easier to view the recipe on the website... hopefully the link works. LOL.
  • I fixed the paragraphing for you Remali.
    It sounds really yummy. I think I will have to make it too.[':)']
  •  Looks like a recipe worth trying [':)']  Sounds yummy!!!
  • Forgot to post a review. 

I made this except I didn't have any rustic bread so used plain ol' whole wheat. I used Shiner blond pale ale. 

It was ok. I think the better plan would be to make your favorite grilled cheese, (mine is with sliced tomatoes and grilled chopped onion) and then just drink the beer. [';)']

• I don't like beer so was wondering what else could be substituted. (Actually don't drink any alcohol.)
  • (Actually don't drink any alcohol.)

I don't either.
    Near beer would work I guess. I can't think of anything else that would impart the ale flavor. 
    We had regular grilled cheese for late dinner last night. I put grilled chopped onion and cilantro on mine. It was yummy.