Quick Post

Pan Grilled Zucchini

Pan Grilled Zucchini
  • I make this alot this time of year when the zucchinis are in season. It's simple, tastes great and everyone loves it.

3-4 zucchinis, peeled and seeded (if large zucchini, otherwise I leave the skin on and the seeds aren't a problem)
    You can either slice or cube the zucchini, your choice
    1 cup of bread crumbs
    1 cup of parmesan cheese, like for spaghetti
    dash of salt
    3 grinds of fresh pepper
    1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
     Place the zucchini in a lightly greased 9x13 pan (not glass). Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Lightly drizzle about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the whole mixture. If you use the cheddar cheese, don't add the olive oil. Cover with foil. Place on a med. grill for about 15 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender. Remove from grill and enjoy!
  • YUM!
  • No grill... Wonder if it would work in an oven. Sounds great!
  • Must try this one!  Always up for more zucchini recipes.  I make a zucchini cake that comes out pretty good.
  • This inspired me and I just fixed a couple of small zucc's in the microwave... with spices and cheese.... yum! 
  • What kind of spices did you use hunter?
  • If I remember correctly (getting old you know) [':)']  I used something that I rarely use, a garlic and herb blend that has been in my cabinet for a while.  I think it is a "no salt" mix and I used plenty of it.  Garlic is great!   If I was home I'd read you the label.  Chatter's very bold with herbs so I'm trying that.  He was interested in my version until I told him I microwaved it.  LOL!  Such a purist!  And SUCH a great cook!!!
  • Nothing wrong with garlic! I have a tendency to "over do it" when I season my food [':)']  I like to bbq and have made everything on my grill from rabbit to pumpkin pie [';)']
  • Pumkin Pie!!!  Sounds amazing!  You must have the king of all grills.  Gas or charcoal?  Do you have more than one? I just got a Kingsford so when Chatter comes down he can grill for me! [':D'] Guys seem to enjoy grilling, too.  I love to get out of their way and let them go.  My two sons have always liked it. But there must be an art to it.  Did you read about the milk can dish Rod posted about in the Sat or Sun thread?  AWESOME!  He explains further in the Monday thread.
  •  No, just a gas grill. It has four burners on the inside and a side burner too. I just love grilling and cooking outside in the summer.
     Yes, I did see the post by Rod, sounds interesting.