Quick Post

Snow Ice Cream

Snow Ice Cream
  • I think two people here have mentioned snow ice cream.  I remember my mom making it when I was little but can't remember how[:(].  I think it used canned milk but that is about it.  

PLEASE share, I can almost taste it.

Thank you in advance for whoever sees this and helps me out.
  • Hi connie.  I'm sure there are several ways to make it but we use to get a big mixing bowl and fill it full of snow.  Then Mom would add vanilla to taste, some sugar and milk, mixing it till it looked and tasted like Ice cream.  I got to where I really like half & half in it instead of Milk because it would make it taste creamier.  I can't give measurements because we never used any.  LOL 
  • thanks.  will try it the next fresh snow
  • Yep, just add milk, sugar, and vanilla (to taste) to fresh snow. Love the stuff! I often add a little Pepsi to mine, and hubby likes to put in some pudding mix. When I was a kid we'd fill several ice cream buckets with snow ice cream and freeze it.
  • sounds yummy!
  • Snow ice cream is a lot of fun to make, plus it can taste surprisingly good. Here's a collection of snow ice creamrecipes, including one that uses the snow to freeze theice cream rather than as an ingredient.
    -------------
    [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Demin Martin
    [/font]
  • Oh its really Yummy, My grandma is make some good snow Ice Cream and it is to be nice and cream oh I am getting the taste wow.
    ==========================
    Earl Nunes
  • Made snow cream for dessert tonight.  Yum!  Thanks for the help.  Hubby sounded dubious when I mentioned it to him but had two helpings tonight.

Thank you everyone for helping me know what to do.  I really appreciate it.
  • It sounds yummy. Thanks.