Quick Post

Tyla and Baby Macy...*baby pics pg2*

Tyla and Baby Macy...*baby pics pg2*
  • *crosses fingers*
    she sure is pretty i love her eye
    good luck with the baby!!
  • Update please, how is she doing ??
  • All I can say is.....AARRRGGGHHH!!!  STILL NO BABY!!!  Lol!
    This girl is holding out on purpose, I think.  Why, I don't know, but she can't possibly hold out any longer or she'll pop like a balloon!  If she drops any farther, her belly will be dragging!!! ':)'

Other than that, she's doing okay; she's turning into somewhat of a diva and is obviously loving her living arrangements (she shows her appreciation by going back into her stall to poop every single time, lol).  She's gaining a little weight and she seems happy and as comfortable as possible at this point.  We did find a vet to do xrays and they show a long fracture of the humerus (sp?) near the top but not affecting the joint; she's formed a lot of 'callus' and arthritic tissue there which Doc said to wait to medicate for until after babytime.  Both vets said there is a slight chance she could get *somewhat* better in a few years but neither think the good leg will hold out that long.  I've been having a helluva time trying to find a vet who will come out for just a minute on a Sunday to tranq her (after babytime) for a foot trim (our farrier works 12-18+ hours a day at the coal mine and only has Sundays off) without charging an insane amount; luckily our farrier has generously offered to take a day off of his more-than-full-time job to do a trim during whatever weekday we schedule with the vet, hopefully getting that long hoof trimmed will help the good leg hold up a bit longer.  Although I worry about baby getting rambunctions and knocking her down...I'm just a worrier.  Which explains why I'm suffering from severe lack of sleep from getting up every two hours to check on her since about a week after she came in.  LOL!  Vet #2, which came a week ago today, also says she's ready to go any day.  WHAT IS SHE WAITING FOR??? ':)'  I have to go out of town on the 8th-10th (and the full moon is the 7th, for what it's worth), is she waiting for that?  Ha ha!  Little does she know, I've already got two of her 'fans' willing to step in for baby-watch while I'm gone... ':)'

Fancymules, I think of you everytime my hubby says "she's waiting on the ears to finish growing", he swears it's going to be a mule... ':)'

Anyone want to place bets on date/color/sex?  I'd be willing to send the winner an Air Ride Technoligies t-shirt...
  • Just wanted to say I'm 94% sure we're having a baby TONIGHT...gotta get back to the barn...wish us luck!!!
  • Way to go, Tyla!!  Hope it's an easy birth for her.  Let's see, July 6th, 11 pm, filly, chestnut with a big blaze and 2 whites.
  • Oh that darn girl!  I stayed up all night and quietly peeked in on her every half-hour to an hour; she was laying down on her belly, she's roll over to lay flat, roll back up to her belly, glare at her tummy, stretch her neck all around, her vulva got really 'poofy' and started showing the pink lining and had a clear drip or two coming out, sweating and breathing fast....then at 3AM, she stood up, sighed and shook off the straw, and started eating her hay.  AARRGGHH!  lol!  I need sleeeeeeep....':)'
    Back on watch tonight, I guess.  ':(' ':)'

Yes I know her tail is wrapped too loosely; I was worried about doing it too tight and under-did it.  Will do better this evening. 
  • The little tease ':)'  Do horses have false labor?  Sounds like she's very close!  I remember the feeling and I sympathize!!  Hang in there, Tyla!
  • I've been on a business trip the last few days and told her she wasn't allowed to have it until I got back, she must have listened, lol!  She's had her 'fan club' on baby-watch while I was gone but I checked her when I got in at 2am and told her she could go ahead and pop whenever she was ready ':)'.  Poor girl looks so uncomfortable; if we don't have anything by mid-week, I'll call Doc again and see what he says.  Would an ultrasound be beneficial at this point, or just a waste of money?  What if it's twins?  Aargh!!  Going to make her stall extra-comfy today and try to sweet-talk her into having it tonight, ha ha!  Will update if anything happens.  Thanks for the good wishes!
  • Update please!!!!?

• [quote=quarterhorse105]

Update please!!!!?

Did you not get the messgae...lol.... been a long time sence last update how is the little mare doing....
  • Hi guys...you're never gonna believe this...we're still waiting!  Evidently she wasn't as far along as the vet thought.  And while I don't want to jump the gun again, I really think she'll pop in the next couple of days.  She's not waxing yet, but her belly is dropping farther and her udder is twice as big as it was last week (my first thought was infection but it doesn't feel too warm or have any discharge, etc).  The poor girl...
    I guarantee that I will have pics posted as soon as there's something definite ':)'.  The waiting is killing me! 
  • WOW!  But the vet says she's okay, right?  Is this her first?  Here's hoping everything comes out alright! [':)']
    Babies sort of scare me.
  • Thanks, hunterseat! ':)'

Yeah, everything checks out; I guess that since it's been 16 years since I've had a pregnant mare, I must have forgotten just how big they get, lol!  We don't know for sure if she's had others before but I think so; evidently the weekend she went to auction and got hurt wasn't the first weekend they had taken her there, because someone told us recently that they had seen her there a few weeks before and she had a weanling on her.  But who knows...one of the ladies who brought her here told us the other day that her count of how long it had been since the accident might have been off and she might have gotten pregnant at the place she went immediately after the auction (a couple meth-heads with a plain-looking black stud in a teeny dirt lot with a couple mares, because hey, it's so COOL to have a BLACK STALLION and BABIES are just so CUTE!  sheesh.).  I'm worried too; but I hope everything turns out ok.  Will keep ya posted when something happens.
  • Be sure to keep us updated on her progress. We start to worry when we don't hear from you in awhile. [':)']
  • It's here!  A little girl, looks just like her mama!  Has a little more white on her face and looks like she's going to have stockings all the way around, but close enough.  Tyla didn't have any overt signs last night and wouldn't give milk when I tried, so I slept in; hubby gets up early and goes out to feed before I got up and comes running back in the house hollering "THE BABY IS HERE!!! IT'S HERE!!!  IT'S HERE!!" Lol!  I chukked out there barefoot, in my jammies; there she is, already up and dry and nursing.  She was having trouble finding the nipple though so I went in and while I was helping her, I threw my back out ':('.  But after a little help from hubby, she found it and took off like a milking machine.  Some friends came out and got the stall cleaned up for me while I hunted up some painkillers ':)'.  Tyla and baby are hanging out in the corral now; and I'm no expert, but it looks to me like baby might be gaited...unless it's just the getting-these-new-legs-to-work-right awkwardness.  And Tyla is moving so much better today!  Actually putting more weight on the bad leg.  I'm trying to get some photos uploaded; if I don't succeed, I will definitely get it from work tomorrow morning.  Have a great day, everyone!  Way to go Tyla!!!