Simco Saddle

Simco Saddle
  • Simco Trail Saddle

Tree Size: Semi-Quarter Horse Bars
    Seat Size: 16"
    Color: Dark Chestnut
    Model Number: 2000
    Date Manufactured: September 1999

This is a nice, gently used Simco Trail Saddle. I bought it used, so I#%92m not sure what the model name is. However, it looks very similar to this John Lyons Trail Saddle that I found while researching: http://stansgarsaddle.com/detail.php...id=333&catid=4

Other than general wear, the saddle#%92s only cosmetic flaw is a scratch in the seat from a belt buckle (it was gently used over the last couple years at a summer camp for children).

I replaced the short latigo since it was missing when I bought the saddle. It's made by Tory Leather, but matches the saddle perfectly.

It is a very comfortable trail saddle, and I am sad to have to let it go. It is just too narrow for my wide Quarter Horse and draft cross mares.

More pictures can be seen here: http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...imco%20Saddle/

Please feel free to contact me if you are want to see more pictures, need different measurements, etc.

$450 OBO

Here are some pictures:

Drop Rigging:

The replaced short latigo:

Gullet:

Seat:

Tree:

Scratch in the seat:

Thanks for looking!

• Wow! I'd snatch that up in a minute if it were wide. 
    Of course you wouldn't be selling it then. I'd even overlook the green.[8|]

• I have the John Lyons saddle that looks like this one.  It is a great saddle.  I also have a Circle Y that I rode in for years.  They are both great saddles.
  • [quote=DaneHaven]

Wow! I'd snatch that up in a minute if it were wide. 
    Of course you wouldn't be selling it then. I'd even overlook the green.[8|]

Yeah... I sure WISH it was a wide.  I thought that it was a wide for the longest time, until my horses got REALLY grumpy with it over the summer... I then checked the saddle fit again and did some researching and found it to be a semi-QH bars.  It stunk!  Like my old Collegiate, if it was wide enough, I would keep it in a second!

[quote=Connie]

I have the John Lyons saddle that looks like this one.  It is a great saddle.  I also have a Circle Y that I rode in for years.  They are both great saddles.

Great!  Yeah I had to do a LOT of researching to find out that it was a John Lyons saddle.  (I found it out through a random Google images search actually!)  Do you know what kind of tree your John Lyons has?  I've been trying to find out as much information as I can about my Simco, but the Simco company doesn't still have it on their database...  (which is annoying... but oh well).

Thanks!!
  • SOLD this evening! Thanks for everybody's help with finding information about it! I REALLY appreciate it! ':D'