Quick Post

Therapeutic Horseback Riding Center Needs More Horses and a new Mounting Block in CA

Therapeutic Horseback Riding Center Needs More Horses and a new Mounting Block in CA
  • My therapeutic horseback riding center where I ride, Ride On Therapeutic Horsemanship in Chatsworth, CA needs more horses. They have to be sound, bombproof, and around 14-15.2 hands tall. There is never enough horses for the special needs riders to ride and groom; we always have to wait for another rider to finish. Does anyone know or have good horses for therapeutic horseback riding? Here is the link about donating horses to Ride On; it is http://www.rideon.org/horse_donations.html.

Ride On in Chatsworth also needs a new three-step mounting block for one of the arenas because one of them is broken. My dad donated a new mounting block, last year, but it is gone, now. We're stuck with the broken mounting block while the riders in the other arena get a more stable mounting block. Does anyone have a three-step mounting block that they don't need? Please go to Rideon.org.

• Hmmmm..... I hope you find the perfect horse/horses. I'm glad there's a program available. We have a California forum member who might have some ideas! I'm going to check out the site!