Quick Post

How to choose a discipline that's right for you?

How to choose a discipline that's right for you?
  • I've been trying to find out what discipline would be right for me. Either show jumping or eventing. I love both of them, but in show jumping they jump over 5.6 feet, and for eventing I’m horrible at dressage. I know that johnathan paget started at age 18(me being 20 and started at age 19) and he made it to the Rolex, but it was years and years of training. I know that it is a huge stretch to make it there. I want to do it for myself and maybe if something did come of it like going to AA shows and competing in the American Gold Cup it could be possible with lots of training. How you know what one is for you? What are the pros and cons about show jumping and eventing?

• Seems like jumping is a logical start since it is included in both sports. Dressage crosses over into all kinds of riding, including Western. I think it gives the horse and rider much better communication.

Do you have your own horse? What kind of saddle do you have?

• @hunterseat

Seems like jumping is a logical start since it is included in both sports. Dressage crosses over into all kinds of riding, including Western. I think it gives the horse and rider much better communication.

Do you have your own horse? What kind of saddle do you have?

Currently I am leasing a horse and hes very good at jumping. No matter the height of the fence he will jump it with no problem. Also my saddle is a barnsby schockemohle saddle.

• Wow, that seems like a nice saddle! Never heard of it but I just googled it. Hope you're doing well with your horse!