Quick Post

Slight Change

Slight Change
  • Maybe hormones. Usually when I bath her she doesn't mind cold water on her udder and bits and always moves her tail to the side for me. Yesterday I went to wash her and she was complaining I rather not but she really needed a wash. Everything the same as before. So I went and heated some water and she went back to normal, moving her tail out of the way and staying still I checked and found nothing out of the ordinary. Any ideas on why the sudden change? I don't mind heating water for her but she didn't mind before and I've owned her more than a year. She was in heat and just went out. Connection there? She also have a flehmen response a lot. Well this is normal for her as she does it a lot all of the time but I just noticed she does it a lot for a mare/ compared to other mares. I think she does it more than Hidalgo my stallion does... At her food, my hair and new people. One new thing she has been doing lately is she puts her nose in my hands or to my hair and makes a really low grumbly nicker and will squeeze me with her neck then let go leaving me there wondering what it was all about I haven't changed my shampoo. She seems to do it after she comes out of heat. Any other mares do this?
  • One new thing she has been doing lately is she puts her nose in my hands or to my hair and makes a really low grumbly nicker and will squeeze me with her neck then let go leaving me there wondering what it was all about

Horsey hug [':)']
  • Strange horsey hug haha. My other two squeeze me sometimes but no noise.
  • Growing up maybe?  My kids are nerveless when it comes to cold water when they are little (blue lips and fingers but won't come out) but when they hit their teen years, suddenly they notice how cold it is!!  She's young, isn't she?
  • She is. I think she has discovered her size as she use to be a pushover by other horses and now she is pushing other horses around and enjoying. try it out on some humans but dares not push me. ';)'