Quick Post

The education of Jewel, Part II

The education of Jewel, Part II
  • Clayton hopped on Jewel the other day, bareback and in a halter!!  She did just fine ':)'  He just circled her some, one rein stops, flexing her both ways, rode her a little bit straight and then got off and she never humped her back or acted upset ':)'

• Sounds like Jewel is doing really nicely! Especially with just a halter and rope, I bet she will be a good girl.
  • Sounds like he likes her! Maybe he will take her himself and continue refining her. She's worth so much more than you're asking but the market... ugh. You should video his sessions with her, or some of it anyway. I know a trainer here who might be interested. Shipping is so high. It would cost over a thousand to ship her here now, I'm sure.
  • I know..... she was so calm about it and she is so calm around the trainer......

When my friend bred her, her sibs were selling for around $25,000 but they were full Hanoverian and everything was set to be inspected.  Jewel is only half and her mother, although approved by the stallion's owner, has never been inspected.  Now that she's been backed though, her value will increase.  Need to work on a new video that actually shows off her gaits.  I'll be home in April and can video the trainer working with her ':)'  Can't wait to watch more.