Quick Post

Bitless Bridle: Indian Bosal

Bitless Bridle: Indian Bosal
  • So I just bought  a Indian Bosal. Has anyone else used on before? Here is a picture of the one I got: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-91943528725030_2065_233981

Well, I put it on Charm(my horse) and she loved it! I cannot seem to get her to open her mouth for a bit  and I have tried everything. So I decided to go the bitless way. I hope to train Charm in the Indian Bosal. I put the bosal on her and I tell you she was very surprised to not have someone trying to put a bit in her mouth. So I let her get used to it by walking around in it and she behaved wonderfully with it! I haven't tried using it when I am in the saddle just on the ground but so far I am impressed! I noticed that a lot of people are worried that the pressure won't release around the nose but I found no problem with that because of the two rings they had attached on it.

But anyway just want to know what everyone else thinks.
  •  I have seen them before and I would like to get one. My friend uses it with her young horse and has had wonderful results. The only thing is that the horse and pony club that Katie competes in will not let us use it for barrels and poles..
  • Yah. I looked at some of the local show rules and they either don't say if I can or I can. But before showing the judges recquire you to show them that you have total control of your horse which is a smart thing to do.
  • hi there, the bosal u have picured is the same one i've been using about a year now.... i have a youngish  thoroughbred and everyone thought I was/am crazy using it with him, that he needs something more "harsh", maybe that's not the best word... a bit that will give me alittle more control!  so far, so good!  i worked with him in the indoor arena this past winter, doing alot of flexing, circles, figure eights, etc. and when it was time to ride outdoors and on trails, he's been fantastic , very responsive... i'm dealing with a saddle fit issue right now that has him alittle ticked with me but i can tell u, the bitless bridle has been the way to go for him and also my hubby's horse... she too is  an ex-racehorse and luving that fact there's no metal in her mouth. i would definately work your horse in a confined area for some time , like an arena (indoors or out) before venturing out to the wide open spaces, make sure she will give to u when you flex her and practice those "one rein stops" ... good luck with your bosal, i know your horse will love u for it.
  • awesome!

Here's my Daisy in her indian bosal!

• I just wanted to tell you all that I make these and other rope products, if your interested here is a link.