Quick Post

What are these saddles called??

What are these saddles called??
  • I just came back from a day spent at the state fair and noticed that the riders on the Paso Fino horses had these cool dressage/endurance kind of saddles. Does anyone know what these saddles are called and where one can find them? I'm toying with the idea of getting an endurance type of saddle - something that gives me a little more hold than my dressage saddle, doesn't have a horn, also has all the nifty rings for attaching gear and still allows me to do jumping on a trail ride. I have noticed that the usual endurance saddles have these big, wide stirrups and was wondering what the comfort level versus the mobility for jumping would be on these. They look kind of cumbersome but I've been having my foot go numb in my regular, narrow rawhide barrel saddle stirrups when out on a long ride...just wondering if the wider stirrup would prevent this or this is just a factor of me getting older and less tough! Thanks,
  • [quote=eriray]

I just came back from a day spent at the state fair and noticed that the riders on the Paso Fino horses had these cool dressage/endurance kind of saddles. Does anyone know what these saddles are called and where one can find them?

Like these? http://www.pasofinotack.net/PasoFinoSaddles.html
  • Great link, sam!  I was thinking Tucker or trooper saddles.  Troopers are popular around here but it really does depend on who makes them.
    Here's a trooper link I just found: http://www.tarpinhill.net/saddle.htm
  • CJ those look really nice.  I want a plantation!!! *jumps up and down*
  • Love that mountain trooper and plantation one.... that's what I was basically looking for. Thanks, I've got the link to the site in my bookmarks now!
  • [quote=eriray]

I just came back from a day spent at the state fair and noticed that the riders on the Paso Fino horses had these cool dressage/endurance kind of saddles. Does anyone know what these saddles are called and where one can find them? I'm toying with the idea of getting an endurance type of saddle - something that gives me a little more hold than my dressage saddle, doesn't have a horn, also has all the nifty rings for attaching gear and still allows me to do jumping on a trail ride. I have noticed that the usual endurance saddles have these big, wide stirrups and was wondering what the comfort level versus the mobility for jumping would be on these. They look kind of cumbersome but I've been having my foot go numb in my regular, narrow rawhide barrel saddle stirrups when out on a long ride...just wondering if the wider stirrup would prevent this or this is just a factor of me getting older and less tough! Thanks,

I found a used on on Craigslist...  I don't know this person, just saw the ad and thought of you.  http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/1411614272.html
  • they're called

'tereque saddles'

':)'

• Here's one I got Daisy ':)'

• That looks perfect for her!
  • I'm still not  quite convinced it fits her tho!!
    I need to make her wear it around on a hot day and take a look at her sweat pattern.
    She's a very strange shaped donkey!! whereas Martha is more typical looking.
    but Daisy also still has alot of fat pads on her back that she needs to loose, they're going away, but very slowly.