Quick Post

Gotta show off my new saddle :) **Picture warning**

Gotta show off my new saddle :) **Picture warning**
  • Well I did it! I bought a saddle. And *gasp* it's an English saddle (I'm normally a western rider so everyone thought I was crazy haha). I bought the Parelli Fluidity saddle [:)]

I must say it's a really good quality saddle, realllly comfortable for both me and Sonny, and so far worth the price I paid. Sonny's gaits are nicer and he seems to be extending more.
    Here are some pictures to share:

^^One of my favorite pictures

And here are two videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uoYkf-1fso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93VlkR9sHU

****Side notes:
    1) Yes....Sonny is fat...yes he's being worked alot....we've had HORRIBLE weather so riding or any ground work was a no for a lot of days.
    2) Don't mention anything about helmets or my lack of a helmet :)
    3) Not looking for critiques...just wanted to show my new saddle off :)
    Thanks***

• Um..... I'd tell you how I think you look in the saddle but that would be critiquing, though positive.

I'd LOVE to have one of those!!  They aren't exactly classic English saddles but nearly.  I've learned alot about fluidity and love the concept.  Actually, when I ride a "new" horse - like someone else's on a trail for the first time, I prefer to use my foam saddle because it won't have any restrictions for the horse and they seem more enthusiastic about the experience. 

Your saddle is a beauty and (sorry, I have to) you seem to have a very good seat.
  • Um..... I'd tell you how I think you look in the saddle but that would be critiquing, though positive.

I meant critiquing as now I was riding more than anything else.

Thanks! I love the saddle. It's very comfortable. The sweat patterns are even and Sonny definitely seems (and looks) more relaxed then in previous pictures of me riding him.

• OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE PULLED YOU YO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!! -english-

Ok other then that it is pretty cool.
  • The new saddle looks really nice and comfy.  One thing I would be careful of is to make sure his saddle is not too forward over his shoulder.  Our saddle fitter says to put it over their withers (minus a pad) and push with one hand until it stops.  That will help free up his shoulders and move your weight back too to get him off the forehand some.

He's so cute!!  He's got the same roly-poly tummy as our POA, looks like the same calm, tolerant personality too!
  • the saddle is far enough back so that when the shoulder is extended to the furthest point that it is before where the stirrups would be, which is where the saddle should be placed.
    This was his first ride in it so I didn't expect 100% of a change but the change I saw was awesome.

I just got back from a weekend of trail riding with the saddle and I was amazed on how well it held up. Also Sonny had a slight dip in his back (like a centimeter) from my last saddle that I thought fit (was told it fit by my old instructor, but she was dead wrong), and the dip is gone now ':)' ':)' muscle now is there and his back is looking niiiice
  • Great news on the saddle.
  • Congrats on the new saddle! I got an Aussie for Christmas, and my neighbor (whom I bought Dusty from)  gave me all kinds of hell for it, saying it's not western blah blah blah. He did say though, that it's a good thing it wasn't English! I was very tempted to get an English one instead just to bug him, but fell in love with the Aussie. English, western, Aussie, who cares? As long as you're the one in it right?

Anyway, nice saddle!
  • well originally I wanted to get a western saddle first and then get an english saddle (was more on the lines of thinking of getting a wintec) but I saw this deal and it was way too good to turn down. But I actually feel just as secure in this one as I do my western....maybe not as secure as I fell off Monday but close haha.
    I did go trail riding in it over the 4th of July weekend though