Quick Post

Trail riding supplies list

Trail riding supplies list
  • Ok i go riding all the time but im wondering if you guys have some ideas of stuff to take trail riding
    and things that you like to take.

Buckets
    Groming Supplies
    First Aid
    Clothes
    Ropes
    Extra Halters
    Bridle
    Saddle
    Extra tack,straps,leather ect.
    Cell phone
    Fly sheets
    Boots Horse & Rider
    Drinks & Food
    Feed & Hay
    Hay Bags/Nets
    Pitch Fork
    Broom
    Lead Ropes
    Fly Spray
    Fly Mask

All I can think of at the moment i wil update everyday that i think of stuff.
    If anyone has ANY ideas please post
  • Water - For Horses and People.

When going on a long ride I think a list os stuff to put in your saddle bag would be good as well.

Snacks
    Water
    Hoof Nippers
    Leather pieces to fix broken tack
    rope halter
    Knife
    Extra bug repellent

• On the trail I make sure I have all this in my bannana bag (cantle bag.)

First aid kit including asprin, always maxi pad, pepto for those stomach problems
    leather hole punch
    extra rein
    extra leather to fix tack
    extra latigo
    compass
    small saw
    flashlight w/extra batteries
    waterproof matches and lint

Theres more than that in there but I can't remember what it is.  There is just enough room in there for my  cell phone and a bottle of water too.
  • Cool guys!
    I have a bunch more but i have to call the vet so we can get coggins pulled.  i'll be in later or tomorrow to update.
  • I always bring a roll on bug repellent for my horse's face/nose area.  Spays are a toughie to get right around the face and the nose flys or other pesties that go for the face, nose and neck area are not worth dealing with.

Frozen water bottles are another thing we never forget.  Freeze a bunch of those water bottles, throw in the saddle bag and you have nice cold water as it slowly melts and they keep your sandwiches/treats cool at the same time.

We never forget the sunscreen as well - ok, once we did and fried like pancakes on a griddle.