Quick Post

Endurance Saddles

Endurance Saddles
  • Does anyone have any comments on these endurance saddles? As we are starting to produce them based on the military 1902 UP designs. So far we have found them to be comfortable for horse and rider. Quite rugged and very strong ( my 17.22hh thoroughbred rolled on mine the other day), I gave it a polish and it was as good as new. I look forward to any feedback from the masses... Tavis JT Leatherwork Brisbane Australia
  • I am partial to a Tucker.
  • If you don't mind me asking, why are you partial to the tucker series endurance saddles?
  • I think Tucker is the one that I've tried (belonging to a friend). I couldn't remember what the name of it was. All I remember is it was like a dream. Plus there are women who have severe pain in certain areas from riding, though they love to ride. One lady told me that was the only saddle she could ride in. I think comfort would be the main reason anyone preferred a certain saddle.
  • Tuckers are VERY comfortable and VERY WELL made.
  • This bridle is produced by us in Brisbane Australia, it is fully synthetic webbing, with separate headstall and bitstrap allowing you to unbit your horse whilst keeping the headstall on. The bit strap is attached to the bridle by to pop studs for ease of removing.

*Edited to remove links*

Tavis
    JT Leatherwork
    Brisbane
    Australia

• I've never  seen a tucker endurance Saddle, so I'm curious what is the panel made from and how does is move with the horse on long rides?
  • I like the look of that saddle in the picture (first post). It reminds me of what some in the MidSouth call a Trooper.
    (bridle looks comfy, too)
  • My riding buddy has a Tucker and LOVES it.  It has really nice cushioning on the seat and fits the horse very nicely, balanced.  It also is made of very quality leather.  I don't know what the panel (tree?) is made of.  Do you make extra wide saddles for drafts?
  • We Produce the saddle in three sizes the largest should fit a draft horse quite nicely, if you can give me a measurement of your horses wither and back I can check to make sure. If the saddle doesn't fit we could produce one that will...
  • Right now he's wearing a Thornhill Berlin Extra Wide all purpose english saddle.  I'll check the gullet on that.  He's pretty flat, like riding an 18 hand, 1 ton couch ':)'
  • By the looking at the photo the large should fit him nicely, I ride my 15.2hh Quarter horse in mine, put it straight on my 17.2hh throughbred, I have also had it on my girlfriends 15hh Australian stock horse. All three have totally different backs and did not have an issue.