Quick Post

Affordable trailer camera kit?

Affordable trailer camera kit?
  • Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know of a cheap, battery operated, wireless camera and monitor system that can be mounted in a rig? I could use a monitor that plugs into my lighter outlet in my truck, but I don't have any outlets in my trailer and I don't really want to pay for any wiring. I'm ok with cheaply made- it's not something vital- I'm just going to be trailing by myself most of the time and it would give me peace of mind. It would be really cool if I could find a camera that is magnetic or I could attach a magnet to so that I could move it back and forth between tail-gate for hitching and inside of trailer for hauling. I think the trailer eyes system is cool- but I can't really afford it. Plus I don't want something that nice on the off-chance that I/horse accidentally break it. It would be really cool if I could find a wireless, battery operated camera that can stream video over 3G to my iPhone, but I've tried looking for something like that and it's a pain to sort through the thousands of apps and cameras to find something that would work... maybe I'll put future husband to the task later. In the mean time- has anyone had any luck with finding/using a cheap system that has a battery-operated camera?

Thanks,

AB
  • Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried Radio Shack?
  • http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/BackupCameraKits/7-Monitor-and-a-120-Mounted-RV-Backup-Camera-RV-Backup-System
    I think this would work. You could call them and ask. Pretty cheap and plugs into the cigarette lighter. I only looked briefly. You should dig around some!