Quick Post

Tack Trunk Time!

Tack Trunk Time!
  • Hello everyone! I would love to hear your thoughts on tack trunks. I want to know if you love them, hate them, or think they could be be done better. A. What do you keep in your tack trunk? B. What is your number one complaint about your tack trunk? C. What design change would you like to see? Drawers? Solar panels? Lighter? Better organization? Easy color change? Let me know! Your idea may become reality!
  • Love tack trunks.  A great way to keep a horse's things for his use only.  Changeable color panels is a great idea.  Definitely need the trays (inserts) that can be slid back and forth or removed altogether.  One of them should be deep for bandages.  A platform to sit it on so it stays off the damp ground is necessary.  A lid that will stay open is good.  Really annoying when it shuts before you want it to.  Some kind of pockets or display board on the inside of the top for putting name, pedigree copies, owner info, shoeing info, feed info,  tack info, is helpful, too.

Hope this helps.  Good luck with your venture.

Welcome to our forum.  Visit us on our daily general chat.  BTW, we LOVE pictures.
  • I've never had a real tack trunk. I had my grandparents' antique (when I had it) steamer trunk...it was huge and on wheels! What I use now is just a plastic one I bought at a store (similar to a WalMart but not them). It also has wheels but only on one end as well as a handle like a suitcase. It can also be locked with a padlock - the steamer trunk had regular locks and keys. I like the smaller one because I can toss it in my horse trailer.