Quick Post

Tack Box Question

Tack Box Question
  • what kind of tack box should I build? I would love some tips as to what kinds of things I should put in it. Like shelves and things like that. Just general tips too.
    thanks. :)

• Well, I don't know about the inside, but I'd put wheels on it so it's easy to roll around and a strap like they have on suitcases!!
  • Not sure what you want to keep in the box, but if you plan on small things,grooming supplies, meds, bandages, tack and horse cleaning things, a sliding tray is advisable.  By sliding tray, I mean something that can be moved from one side of the box to the other so you can access the bigger things in the bottom.  Wheels are a great idea.  If not wheels, at least some sort of tray-type thing to set the tack box on.  You do not want to set it directly on the floor, it isn't good for the bottom.

Happy building.  Oh, in a pinch, you can often get old trunks at auctions or used furniture stores.  They are for people and the trays are usually removable. They may not be heavy duty, but they are better than no tack box  and generally cheaper than buying a commercially made horse tack box.
  • Thanks, it really helps. You gave me alot of great ideas! ':)'
  • Thanks, thats a good idea haha. much easier to maneuver around. i hadn't even thought of that..