Quick Post

Easyboots

Easyboots
  • Anyone use Easyboots?  What do you think of them? 

I'm going on a 4 day trail ride/camping adventure and the terrain there is rockier than Reidar is used to.  He's fine riding at home where it's black dirt, sand, or asphalt so I'd rather not have him shod unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • I have used Old Mac's G2 and they are awesome. We used them on our 19 year old who had been on shoes since he was one. We used them after his shoes were removed for good to help his transition.

The trick is getting the right size and getting them on properly.

The horse knew that when he was wearing them he could step on gravel roads and rocks with no issues.
  • I used to use Old Macs and loved them but when I got a gaited horse I had to switch brands cause the Old Macs twisted on my horses feet. I guess there is more motion in the gaited horse foot. I now use Easyboot Epics and like them alot. They stay on and in place regardless of mud and footing and Sadie gaits the same with them on as off. They protect her feet well though she does occasionally get a small nick on the inside of her lower leg from an outside screw that holds the boot together. They are a bit of a challenge to get on and off but practice makes perfect. If you do go with these boots you might want to keep a heavy duty shoestring with you for boot removal. The clamp that holds the wire fitting that tightens the boot is difficult to pull up but the string makes it easy! Just place the string in the groove at the bottom where the clip meets the boot, tug up in between clip and boot and you have a strap to unclip with. Good luck!
  • I've never tries ezboots but I love my old macs.
  • I've used two types of rubber boots on my Arabs.  The EZ-Boots were okay, except the clamps would scratch up their hooves pretty badly.  There was another type (Equi-Boots?) that just slipped on, kind of like the type one puts over their (people) shoes, and they were great.  Except that the slip-on type used to get sucked off in the mud occasionally.  Thus, I used to carry spares in the carriage.  LOL, you should have seen the CDE (presentation) judge's expression when he saw those in the spares kit! 
  • I have been using boots for over a year now. I use the edge on his front, and the epics on his backs. We've ridden 5 days a week, 4hrs a day all summer in them.  I love them!!!