Quick Post

Showmanship?

Showmanship?
  • I'm showing my miniature pony in a showmanship class on Saturday. I have only ever shown once before, and that was in an English schooling show where I rode a horse from the barn I was taking lessons at.

I asked a question about showmanship on here before, but that was quite awhile ago and the thread has long since disappeared.

My pony will set her feet, pivot and move forward willingly. Anyone have some good tips or do's and don'ts I should keep in mind on Saturday?

Thanks,
  • I hope it isn't too late. Just saw this thread...

Make sure you keep eye contact with the judge. Smile pretty and don't switch hands with your lead. Mostly have fun. Hopefully you'll have a judge who will give you pointers after the class. Good luck!
  • i love shownaship, it is one of my fav classes':)' Pretty much what showmanship is is how well you and your horse look, and just the overall picture. make sure your horse is banded, cleaned, clipped, and youre hair is under that hat with a good show outfit. in the show ring you have to act like you are going to win, and really show it in the way you present your horse. keep your elbows in, head way up, and make things snappy':)'