Quick Post

Great trail ride/hack tonight

Great trail ride/hack tonight
  • My daughter, Kelly rode Tahoe, my daughter, Shaylea and our neighbor's daughter, Hannah rode Spirit double and I rode Cody.  We went over to where they are building the new middle school Shaylea will go to next year, a couple miles away.  It's looking neat.  Since it's in a horsey area, they are making it look like red barn architecture.  We got in some good hacking along the dirt roads and I cantered Cody several times!  He's feeling a lot smoother but doesn't really have a canter yet, more of a gallop and boy does he cover ground with those long legs!  He was really good, was very bold going into new areas, dealing with a white husky that kept doing brodies around us and darting out of the bushes and meeting 3 darting, snorting pigs!!  Shaylea and Hannah seemed to have lots of fun on Spirit, choosing to walk or canter most of the time and lots of shrieking and giggling was heard :)  I'm loving summer!!
  • Boy, that brings back memories of riding double on my QH.  We went everywhere and didn't care.  Good horses.   Sounds like fun but what's a brodie?
  • Zooming around in crazy circles, like people do on quads and such!  Our dogs do it too, like a bee stung their butts!  Every time we ride by this particular house and the husky is loose it just goes cuckoo, zipping around the horses, up the hill next to the trail through the bushes, then comes crashing back down..... good desensitization, I guess but it's always good for at least one good spook from the horses if we don't see him until we're past him and he comes zooming up behind us!  Crazy dog.  I wish the owners wouldn't let him loose.  He's going to get hit sometime because they live right next to a road where people like to open up and go........
  • What a fun ride!!  When you said pigs,are they wild??