Quick Post

Oregon Beach Ride - Pacific City/ Nastucka Bay

Oregon Beach Ride - Pacific City/ Nastucka Bay
  • Finally made a trip to the ocean for a beach ride!  Had a blast.  There were lots of horse-eating monsters and small vulnerable children but my horses took it all in stride.   It was fun to take them into a situation that they had never experienced, and watch their minds work it all out.    Peach was worth her weight in gold all over again by giving my young friend a fun and safe ride. 

Me and Sweet P

• Shall I say envious?  Your pictures make the beach look wonderful....and riders can go and not have to wear bathing suits!

Looks like a super time was had by all.  Peach certainly lives up to her name.
  • That looks like so much fun!!!  Chatter has ridden on a beach in Oregon before!!  Looks like Sweet Pea got some good hugs! [':)']
  • Great pictures!!! Your horses look great... so do the peeps!!

That beach looks more interesting tha Nehalem Bay / Mansanita... Will have to see how far that is from us!!

Nehalem Bay is only an hour and a half...
  • You can also ride south of the entrance to the bay at Newport. It's farther for you guys but closer for me.

Great pictures, 3-Es
  • I love your beach pics. I noticed in part of the pics, the horses' tail were tucked into their rigging. Was this to help keep the beaches clean of road apples?

• [quote=qh trail rider]

I love your beach pics. I noticed in part of the pics, the horses' tail were tucked into their rigging. Was this to help keep the beaches clean of road apples?

no, Sweet P has no tail - only a bob - so it looks like its in the breechin'.   She lost most of her tail in an unfortunate incident in spring '10.

• [quote=OleBean]

Great pictures!!! Your horses look great... so do the peeps!!

That beach looks more interesting tha Nehalem Bay / Mansanita... Will have to see how far that is from us!!

Nehalem Bay is only an hour and a half...

I would like to use the horse camp at Nehalem sometime.....   huby and I discussed the possibility of an off-season trip up there in the early spring.

Would also like to take the horses down to Coos Bay, have family on husband's side down there and there's a horse camp on the North jetty by the dunes.  Lots warmer down there, too!

• Very envious!  Used to live on Whidbey Island and could just ride down to the beach...... now have to trailer a couple hours to get to a beach where they are horse-friendly.  Someday......... Looks like a lot of fun ':)'