Quick Post

Misty mountian ride

Misty mountian ride
  • Yesteday: 14 miles, 3200 foot elevation gain, 3-mile ridgeline, and 3200 foot descent back to the valley floor.  Weather was damp but not pouring, mostly misty and wet from brush.  Mounted on 4 wonderful Halfingers, 3 of whom are related, and in the company of my boyfriend, Harris, a young man named Joe who has been riding with me this spring, and another friend, Zee, who owns the half-sister to my short fat Haflinger mare.  Horses are: Harris on Gibson (now gelded), Joe on Peach who shares the same dam as Sweet P, me on Sweet P who is sired by Gibson, my friend Zee on Dolly who is also sired by Gibson.

It was a very long, tough ride and we all had to walk a bit to warm up out damp bones but the ponies and people all did well. 

ridgeline, Joe and Harris

swirling clouds below

I love this picture.  Harris, Joe and Zee, on Peach, Gibson and Dolly

this is what it is really about

me, on Sweet P, heading down off the ridge.  The camera lense was quite wet by now.  I like my fisherman's rain gear - keeps the neck dry!

The rain forest down at the bottom.  Very foggy camera lense at this point but it adds a nice effect!

• Very ethereal.......where were you?  You all looks so secure on those calm Haffies ':)'
  • Mt Muler/ Littleton trail just west of Lake Crescent.  There is now a nice stock camp at the trailhead with corrals.
  • Great pictures and looks like an awesome ride!!Thanks for sharing!!