Quick Post

Redbuds, dogwoods, mushrooms - Spring in Missouri

Redbuds, dogwoods, mushrooms - Spring in Missouri
  • David and I went riding again today at Bar K.

This is what the view looked like on March 7, the last time we rode there.

The following pictures were taken today. This is almost the same view as the above picture. Spring is finally here!

Swan Creek

The Blue Bells were blooming along the creek bottom. Their blooms are starting to fade slightly, so they won't last much longer.

While riding down the trails, we were also in search of the elusive mushroom. This one is actually starting to dry out, so wasn't a good specimen. It is pretty dry here now, so the mushrooms are few and far between.

This one was in better shape, but was one of only 4 that we found today that were not dried out. Pitiful!

Missouri's state tree is the flowering dogwood. The white blooms were abundant in the timber today.

Me and Dash

David and Frisco

The redbuds have been really pretty this spring.

I don't know the name of this purple flower. It is probably in the violet family. There were a lot of these growing mainly in the lower areas. I didn't notice at the time that I took this picture, but I also included a poison ivy plant. Definitely, not my favorite plant!

We spent about 5 hours out on the trail today. It reached about 65 degrees, so was a perfect day to spend time in the saddle. We are a little soft and could sure use a lot more days like today to get ourselves back in shape.
  • Gorgeous pictures!!! 
  • WOW, what a beautiful spring!  I absolutely love finding all of the wonderful wild plants that grow in the wide open spaces.  Thanks for sharing!
  • Beautifl pictrues, thanks for shareing with us. The flower you didn't know what it was is wild blue phlox, (I think we used to call it sweet williams?). And the mushrooms look delicious. We haven't found any.
    Happy Trails Elaine