Quick Post

Spruce Railroad Trail with Friends

Spruce Railroad Trail with Friends
  • Been out putting in long miles this week.  Spring break from nursing college, warm weather, what more can you ask for?  Pics from a ride to Lake Crescent, I am on Gibson, a classmate of mine is riding Peach, two more friends on the bay Arabians.

• Priceless moments..
  • What happens when you ride a WIDE horse for 15 miles....

and some scenery
  • Thanks so much for sharing your rides with us!!  I just love when you post because you have some of the most beautiful places to ride.  I use to trail ride all the time but I'm riding everyone elses horse now and only once in a while steal away for some me time.  We go to Shawnee National forest and its great riding with hills, bluffs and creeks, its nothing compared to what is in your pics. 

Just wanted to say thanks! 
  • The last picture of the lake is beautiful! All of the pictures are great! Did any of the horse balk at crossing that bridge?
  • I was very happy with all the horses going over the bridge, especially the horse I was riding - he is 10 years old and green, nervous at times, and he had complete trust in me.  The east approach to the bridge (heading west) is treacherous, a descent down a narrow trail with slick rocky footing, carved out of a rock face, and then the bridge at the bottom.  I always lead my horses through that whole section, as you can see from the pictures. 
  • [quote=trainer101]

Thanks so much for sharing your rides with us!!  I just love when you post because you have some of the most beautiful places to ride.  I use to trail ride all the time but I'm riding everyone elses horse now and only once in a while steal away for some me time.  We go to Shawnee National forest and its great riding with hills, bluffs and creeks, its nothing compared to what is in your pics. 

Just wanted to say thanks! 

(GRIN!) I can't imagine a life without trails!  Or mountians!  I would love to see some of the wild places in other states, though, and I bet you get some really neat fall colors over on your side of the continental divide!