Quick Post

Tuesday ... Tuesday...

Tuesday ... Tuesday...
  • So much for creative.

I hope the day finds everyone well, productive, rested. 

Where we lived in Hawaii was a couple with a Dane... Daphne. (blue merle?) Then they rescued another one, a Harlequin named....Dixie. Someone came to them pleading for them to help a Dane in trouble so they have their 3rd, a big black who's had his hip broken and it healed wrong. They just posted an update that his leg is going to be amputated. UGH! They consulted vets over there and back here plus other Dane owners. I'm not sure that's a great idea for a Dane. Sorta like a 3-legged horse. anyway, I hope it all goes well. They did a FundMe site and I put something on there so I get updates. 

I get to go measure rooms today at Ft. Gillem/Forest Park. oh joy

This is the first place I've lived that has affected me so badly with the pollen. I'm sneezing a bazillion times and the whole stuffy nose watery eyes thing. Not fun. I should probably be taking something. I'm just not used to it. I keep thinking I'll develop an immunity. My body's good at that. Or it was... 

• I'm going to take Sarcee for a ride at Agape ranch this morning. I rode her last night  but the flies were bothering her face, she was flinging her head  even after we went back for spray.

It will be hot again today.  Hopes for rain later in the week.

Friends coming to stay overnight. It will be a fun visit.

Hunterseat- Using lots of *local* honey may help. People get bad allergies from the Cedar pollen here. (cedar fever) Many brew a tea from the berries and drink it to build an immunity. So far I  refuse to let it bother me.

• Horses enjoyed the pasture and sort of came when I called them for dinner.  I walked part way down, they watched and then went tearing past me to beat me to the barn.

Hubby let his son borrow our truck.  Son let someone else drive our truck and pull his tow dolly with it to go to the scrap yard.  The guy had some kind of problem and a cop stopped.  Some how, a ticket was issued for an unregistered trailer.  In NYS a tow dolly does not require registration/plates.  Now the fun part...the ticket was given out in Hubby's name, not the driver's name. We were in Church when it was issued.  So, following the directions on the ticket we checked "not guilty" and sent it back registered mail ($6.50).  Got a response today.  We now have to contact the DA and go through it all again but this time we have to include a driver's license abstract (cost for this)  and do it in 24-72 hours.  I called the DA and was told that even though it was  not a driving problem, we still have to send the abstract.  So, tomorrow we will go to DMV and get one.  The girl at the DA's office said they would review it by the court date, July 8, and contact the officer to tell them it is legal to have a tow dolly with no registration.  I still can't figure how WE got the ticket.  If the guy had not told the son, Hubby could have lost his license over this.  A really good reason NOT to loan out our truck again.  At least it was Hubby's truck and not mine.  But, then, I don't loan mine out.

Ok, done unloading ticket stuff.

Hope everyone has a super day

• Good evening.  Normal day at work that ended with a call from Kelly that the neighbor's water was shut off......  Had the stream property disced today and apparently the guy hit the waterline that runs through our property.  We have never known exactly where it ran through that property but now we do!  It comes under the fence from a water meter about 50 feet from the back of the property, goes in about 4 feet, then turns and parallels the fence and goes to about 20 feet from the back fence..... we've found it in our arena when we first moved in, guess the original owner of the 10 acre parcel that was split into 2 1/2 acre lots ran it that way.... it is a real pain in the rear and our neighbor right next to us thinks it is an easement and we can't do anything to our property where her water line is?  Sigh.... we repaired the break and hopefully won't be hitting it again but it is only about 6" under the surface....

Since the property got disced the little neighbor boy took Luna out for the first time and they did some cross country jumping.  He "ate dirt" as he called it once but had a blast :)  That horse just gets better and better!

Sorry about the mess with the truck, Connie.... You'd think the guy would have just taken care of the ticket..... hate it when I get burned for being generous.....

Bummer about the allergies, Hunter.  The honey idea sounds good :)

DH-hope your ride went well.  Missing riding.... it was too hot this last weekend and I'll be gone the upcoming weekend.....

The cat has been a real pain lately, getting cranky in his old age, starts digging around in all the papers in my desk no matter how much I pet him, etc.  Last night he was being a pill and I blew on him.  He bit my shoulder...... Brought in a water bottle with vinegar that we use for the dogs and he is being an angel after one squirt!