Quick Post

First Monday in May

First Monday in May
  • Not very imaginative... but there you have it.  It's eleven-thirty on a beautiful day and no thread.  So ya gotta take what-cha get!

The weather is beautiful, but I was still tempted to name this thread Miserable Monday.  The back is worse than ever.  I have to call the clinic and see if I'll get any relief or if the Chiro. is still on Jury Duty.

Did anyone else here catch the news on the Michigan repeal of 'Right To Farm'?  Serious repercussions to all of the horse community.  I just can't wait to see what the silly liberals in control of the PSSRC's legislature do in response to this.

Just let the horses out to play yesterday.  Socks wanted in an hour before anyone else would allow themselves to be caught.  Crystal was next, LOL, she didn't want Socks to get any goodies she didn't get too!  Silly girl!  The grass must be pretty nice out back because when I opened Chance's gate (he's the only one with a gate that opens into the back-fifteen), he took off like the Devil himself was after him into the back paddock.  Guess he wasn't done with all that sweet spring grass yet.   After it rained a while, they all decided it might be nice to get out of it.

Speaking of letting the kiddos out to play, I see Socks making faces at the Mini-mares.  So I guess he's pretty much done with breakfast.  Looks like it's time to let them out to play.

Speaking of Socks, his coat is shedding out this year to almost a Liver Chestnut.  He's looking truly beautiful this year!  I am so blessed to have this silly fellow.  I do hope he behaves himself at the show in a few weeks.

By the by, was there a reason we migrated out of the General Chat forum?

• The cat snuck out to play too. He wasn't supposed to and we were both leaving for work. We saw him craning his neck, looking down through the woods to the creek. We figured "squirrel" but NO! Two deer were walking along down there! So pretty! Shocked Leland so much I was able to walk over and pick him up. I think it was like seeing aliens. He was scared. I tell Teddy they're horses to try to keep him from chasing but I don't think he buys it. I wish the big fat neighbors who walk around in underwear didn't live next door. Otherwise it wouldn't be a bad place to live.

Busy day at work. I have to go to a "meeting" for an entire week this month in SC. wth?

Anyway, life is good! Monday's are a bit trying but all-in-all not too bad.

• Let Cinn down to the pasture this morning and made the other two stay in the barnyard.  When Hubby got home from his morning bus run, I got him to go over with me and I let them down to pasture with her.  Lena didn't kill Cinn.  Then we walked the fence in the other pasture, put fence posts in the wood chuck holes and let them in there.  I went down around 5 and all three were alive an well.  Lena and Cinnabar were actually next to each other.  Cinn came when I called and the other two followed along.  Then, when they got close, the started running.  I didn't move far nor fast enough and Cinn ran into me.  I stayed upright and suffered no harm.  I shut the gate when I got to it and headed for the barn.  They beat me there.  No one ran over me this time.  When I got there (all uphill) Cinnabar and Lena were side by side drinking from the water tub.  Thank goodness.  Now I don't have to worry.

Found a momma kitty with kittens in the cat house when I fed on the deck this morning.  Later, I found a dead kitten on top of the house.  When she left (hubby fired up the woodsplitter) I checked and there was a dead one outside of her nest and five live ones.  The two dead went to be cremated.  Later, there was a grey kitty in there nursing them.  Earlier it was a light grey tiger.  I guess they are team mothering...not sure if they both gave birth or not but they are both being mommas.

Hubby will be home soon for dinner.  He picked up a ham when we got groceries so tonight it is ham, home made mac'n cheese  and I guess corn.  I think a glass of wine will go well with that.

Have a great evening all.  Glad that Socks is bringing you so much pleasure.  Such a joy.

• Good evening.  Just finished dinner, made arroz con pollo in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  Beautiful day here, in the 70's, supposed to go down into the 60's tomorrow.  Crazy as it was 100 this weekend?  Oh well, not complaining about the cooler weather!  Horses were enjoying it this morning.  Spirit, the 20-something POA was galloping around, wrangling his neck like an Arab, nipping Cody on the behind, trying to get everyone to join him in the fun :)  He had a good lesson today, actually cantered for his little rider for the first time.  We've split our Monday lessons into Monday and Tuesday as we had too many kids and time constraints and were going too late.  This afternoon we just had 3 lessons and that was nice, made it in in time to make dinner by 7-ish :)  

Connie-  Glad the girls got along :)  The new pony, Tilly is really chasing the draft mare Bailey around which isn't necessarily a bad thing as Bailey is a fatty and so far no hoof or bite marks.  Funny about the momma kitties co-raising the kittens?  Certainly makes it easier on them.  

Hope your back feels better tomorrow, Stude.  It is miserable when your neck/back is bad :(  

Hunter-funny about Leland.  My  Smokey was all excited about our neighbors peahens when they started coming down our driveway but his neck got longer and his tail stiller as they got closer and he realized they were bigger than him!

Hubby leaves tomorrow for Utah for his motorcycle event.  You can check it out at indianvharley.com.  I fly out Friday morning to join him and help out, then we'll drive back Sunday.