Quick Post

Such a beautiful morning Sunday!

Such a beautiful morning Sunday!
  • It is so nice here right now. I know it is going to heat up later but while out feeding at 7, it is perfect :) A Cooper's hawk swooped down and snatched a lizard off a rock near me for its breakfast :) Love the birds around here, well, not the screaming peacocks this time of year but we have neighbors with homing pigeons, saw our barn owl last night when I was coming home, lots of hawks, ducks, herons, cattle egrets and many others. Big airshow in Chino this weekend. Hubby is there with the warbird (Texan) and the DC-3. I dressed up yesterday in a 40's outfit with my hair all curled. He's there again today but I'm staying home to get the house back in order, to meet with the guy who will be clearing away all the debris on the stream/x-country property, take Shay prom dress shopping, visit my MIL and maybe ride later. Hay delivery yesterday, looks nice and clean :) Cutting back on hay for everyone, too fat! One of the boarders has a draft cross paint mare and her belly is really hanging low.... we saw a stallion on the property when we picked her up so now we're wondering...... she's way too fat also so trying to but her back. She is pudgy on basically 2 flakes of grass hay a day....? Glad the kittens are doing OK, sorry for your stress with them TPL. Hang in there, they mature fast! Your cow work sounds fun, DH! Waffles! Yum, Hunter. My dad is 75, diabetic and manages to stay off meds/insulin by avoiding pretty much all grains and keeping his daily carbs below about 30 gr. a day. Pretty severe but it is working for him. He still runs, surfs, is a marine biologist and dives, slim. My in-laws on the other hand, eat whatever they want and both are very compromised because of it, can barely get around :( Stude-so glad Socks has worked out for you and that he has found someone who understands and appreciates him :) CPG-good to hear from you! We don't get out until June 12..... but we get a nice, long summer :) We're in the midst of the Smarter Balance state testing right now. Well, off to do some more cleaning and de-cluttering! Amazing how with 5 dogs, the dust bunnies reproduce, I think!
  • Really nice here, too. boywonder is on his way to FL for sure. They were 200 miles out when I messaged them.

Got bedroom/bathroom curtains done and hung. Still have kitchen to go. They're half done. We got the rest of the curtain rod stuff yesterday so I have no more excuses.  Vacuumed, dusted, ate...

I started putting together a shopping list of the recommended diet in the book. that should set me back about a month's salary. Well almost. But I really want to succeed at this and I'm getting resistance already. I need to just do it and take the fallout afterwards. If I can keep him on it. We need to keep our hearts healthy, too.

We're going to take the dogs to the park in a bit. I have to work tomorrow. A good thing but still.... blah... Playing catch up, though I've been monitoring my email and answering my phone. Anywho... I hope the day is as wonderful where everyone else is!!

• Dana, I'd love to see your neighbor's coop.  I love pigeons and used to have a quite a few myself.  Mine were the fancies though, mostly fan-tails.

Beautiful day today.  Got some showers toward evening.  Not enough though to more than quell the dust unfortunately.